Moto GP

Soldato
Hey,

Mrs birthday on Thursday and its a big one so I wanted to do something special. I've been toying with the idea of going to a MotoGP race and as its her favourite riders likely last year (Rossi) I thought i better get my skates on.

Now I'm not a big MotoGP fan, but searching around seems to suggest the Italian tracks would be best for atmosphere. Only issue is we have a toddler who would be coming with us. From what I have read, Mugello and Misano might not be the best place for a 2 year old with lots of walking, VERY loud noise, queues to get in/out that last hours.... Is it really that bad?

My alternative is to go for Silverstone and although not the best atmosphere, we could probably get someone to look after her or take her with us. I've seen you can get tickets from MotoGP (currently not available to buy) or through bookmoto.com .... Can anyone advise the best option for this? I'd like us to have reserved seats for the race but being able to roam on the Saturday would be preferable.

Suggestions? Advice? Thanks :)

Soldato
I went to see the Assen round a few years ago, atmosphere was brilliant, not a lot of walking either.
I have been to Silverstone also, atmosphere was still great but found there was a lot of walking and not a lot of great places to view either unless you spend lots of money on grandstand seating...
Seeing as its a big birthday I would chose any of the european rounds over Silverstone :p

Soldato
OP
I went to see the Assen round a few years ago, atmosphere was brilliant, not a lot of walking either.
I have been to Silverstone also, atmosphere was still great but found there was a lot of walking and not a lot of great places to view either unless you spend lots of money on grandstand seating...
Seeing as its a big birthday I would chose any of the european rounds over Silverstone :p

Agreed, the difficulty is we have a daughter who will be less than 2 years old. I can't see her enjoying the walking/sitting still/noise very much, and if we chose Silverstone, 1 night with someone would be fine, but if we went to a fly away, it would be a few nights which would be difficult.

Associate
Been to Mugello and Barcelona, they were both packed and the heat was just about bearable. The atmosphere at both was amazing.

Getting in and out of the circuit, as you'd expect, was a lot of traffic and slow. We were lucky enough to get a hotel close to Mugello so we walked, we had a 15 minute ride to Barcelona and it wasn't pleasant.

As for taking your daughter, if you really have to, make sure you get her some ear defenders, those Moto 3s are offensively loud.

Oh and watch out for Rossi fans, they're mentalists - letting off flares, flares attached to crash helmets and running around with chainsaws (minus the blade) with handlebars attached to them :D

Back
Top Bottom