MotoGP 2016

Soldato
Forgot Lowes had the contract, although I guess similar to Vinales, works Yamaha could be tempting if they went for him, contracts can always be broken :p

Zarco, guess so, although looks like he's got some form this year as well, and backflips!!!

Other than the above and Rins I can't really think of many that are looking that spectacular/worth it really, Vinales may want to stay seeing as the Suzuki is clearly getting better already and surely he'll become the 'team leader' role soon...

Caporegime
Could Yamaha try and get Dani or Marquez? Dovi perhaps in a straight swap? I'm torn between Ianonne and Dovi as to who should be pushed out and who should stay. Don't forget as well though, KTM have a spare seat as well next season.

Soldato
Get the impression Dani is a Honda man through and through, and Honda would pay through the nose to keep Marquez.

Dovi/Iannone is a good shout though, both are decent and one of them surely is gonna get dropped (unless Ducati are planning to run 3 bikes?)

Silly season, w00t :p

Soldato
OP
SKILL said:
Get the impression Dani is a Honda man through and through, and Honda would pay through the nose to keep Marquez.

Dovi/Iannone is a good shout though, both are decent and one of them surely is gonna get dropped (unless Ducati are planning to run 3 bikes?)

Silly season, w00t
You can't run 3 man teams anymore.
Marquez won't be going to Yamaha that's for sure lol not now Rossi has signed for 2 more years

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Associate
its doesn't work that way anymore, they all use the same ECU and software provided by Dorna and magneti marelli.
no one can add too or update the Software. if a team finds a problem or wants an extra feature, they have to submit it to magneti marelli for maybe a future update, but when its added all the teams get it and not just the team that asked for it.
its a lot fairer this way and stops the works teams having there own special software like last year.

2016 MotoGP electronics - agreed principles:
* A single official MotoGP ECU software for engine and chassis control will be mandatory on all machines.

* The official MotoGP ECU hardware will be mandatory on all machines.

* All sensors and acquisition devices connected to the ECU must be homologated (ie. supplier, price and availability is the same for all MotoGP teams), with the following exceptions:

I. Non-homologated sensors are permitted for testing and for free practice sessions at events. Only homologated sensors may be used for Qualifying and Race.

That's just saying that the ecu hardware and the sensors are the same for everybody. you can't run the same software mapping on the ducati as you do on the Yamaha or Honda for example. There will still be a big gap in the mapping and the way the power is delivered (and max power i guess) between factory bike and satilite bike will there not?

Also the ecu's are still very complicated bits of kit, they still run different maps for different parts of the track, etc (wasn't this the issue Cal had at the first race, the bike didn't know where it was on the track?).

Soldato
OP
That's just saying that the ecu hardware and the sensors are the same for everybody. you can't run the same software mapping on the ducati as you do on the Yamaha or Honda for example. There will still be a big gap in the mapping and the way the power is delivered (and max power i guess) between factory bike and satilite bike will there not?

Also the ecu's are still very complicated bits of kit, they still run different maps for different parts of the track, etc (wasn't this the issue Cal had at the first race, the bike didn't know where it was on the track?).

yes the Honda's and ducati's etc run different maps, you can set that to what your bike needs, but the software that runs and programs the ECU is the same for every team, they cant like last year have there own software programs, last year tech 3 was running the older Yamaha software as was cals Honda team, so they were always a few version behind.
this year all the teams be it works team or satellite run the same software and hardware version, no one can get or make a newer version, only dorna can update the program and gives it to all the teams at the same time, so no works team advantage anymore.

Soldato
OP
Qualifying 2:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 3.188s [Lap 3/7] 336km/h (Top Speed)
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 3.257s +0.069s [5/7] 334km/h
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 3.644s +0.456s [6/7] 339km/h
4. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 2m 3.913s +0.725s [6/7] 342km/h
5. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 4.247s +1.059s [7/7] 336km/h
6. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 4.265s +1.077s [6/7] 334km/h
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 2m 4.339s +1.151s [6/6] 343km/h
8. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 4.379s +1.191s [7/7] 338km/h
9. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 2m 4.408s +1.220s [5/5] 332km/h
10. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 4.485s +1.297s [7/7] 338km/h
11. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 4.988s +1.800s [5/7] 338km/h
12. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 5.159s +1.971s [6/7] 334km/h

Qualifying 1:
13. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 2m 04.867s 335km/h
14. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 04.944s 338km/h
15. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 05.425s 337km/h
16. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 05.625s 328km/h
17. Michele Pirro ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 05.702s 338km/h
18. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 06.029s 333km/h
19. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 2m 06.049s 334km/h
20. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 2m 06.562s 332km/h

Soldato
What a weird race. Rossi falling off. Ianonne screwing up his line then Pedrosa losing it and T-boning him. Cal falling off in front of Smith which must have caused Smith to launch his bike towards Cal. Pleased for the Suzukis and Redding!

Soldato
What a weird race. Rossi falling off. Dovi screwing up his line then Pedrosa losing it and T-boning him. Cal falling off in front of Smith which must have caused Smith to launch his bike towards Cal. Pleased for the Suzukis and Redding!

FTFY

Weirdly enough if Dovi had hit the apex he wouldn't have been knocked off by Pedrosa..

Cal's hurdle jump was hilarious, but losing them both at the same time.. ack!

Soldato
I may end up going next yr. Austin is apparently a decent enough town to go visit. Though i somehow doubt it'll have the appeal of Carmel & Monterey, and the PCH coast to go for a spin down, with SF & Santa Cruz up the road to go visit.

Plus the weather has always been a bit dodgy up in Austin, as far as i can remember. Whereas CA weather ! well say no more !

Soldato
You can get a package deal on full weekend tickets to both the MotoGP and LMS/F1 for a pretty decent price at Austin. I've been tempted but have never got around to it.

I may end up going next yr. Austin is apparently a decent enough town to go visit. Though i somehow doubt it'll have the appeal of Carmel & Monterey, and the PCH coast to go for a spin down, with SF & Santa Cruz up the road to go visit.

Plus the weather has always been a bit dodgy up in Austin, as far as i can remember. Whereas CA weather ! well say no more !

I can second this. Austin is nice and all that but it's a big city. Camel & Monterey are much more chilled out and if you have your bike/car then you're going to have a much better time!

Back
Top Bottom