1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2019

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by ShakenNstirred, Feb 4, 2019.

1. mikedigitales

Hitman

Zarco was insanely lucky, if that biked had been flipping it could have been a very different story. He really should have been looking at the track a bit!

2. Lakeland

Soldato

I read an interview with him where he admitted as much himself. He said he was so dejected about crashing out and it being his last race in motogp he didn't want to look back.

3. MissChief

Capodecina

Talk of Zarco at Avintia Ducati with a 2019 bike and Ducati staff embedded in the team but he's not bitten yet.

Oh and Alex Marquez at Repsol for a year too. Brave decision.

4. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Blimey, I didn't think we'd see Alex Marquez at HRC. Interesting times ahead!

5. mikedigitales

Hitman

Well the line that stuck out for me in all the news was the one about it opening up interesting marketing opportunities for HRC - I guess especially in Spain. I really hope Yamaha and Ducati can sort a much stronger package for next season to keep it really interesting.

6. NooBish AbbZ

Mobster

Agree a brave decision; it's a big step up from the front of Moto 2 to the front of Moto GP. Quartararo managed it but i cannot wait to see how he does; I really hope he does well to be honest.

7. deuse

Capodecina

Well Alex only done 9 laps before wrecking the bike.
    He ended up 3 seconds behind the rest.

He was on the HRC bike

8. Lakeland

Soldato

3.5 I think it was. He does need some slack given he’s a newbie but it’s not looking great, the new ktm kid did better on a poor bike. The one year contract may prove to be wise.

9. deuse

Capodecina

Alex is doing better today 1.80 down
    Maybe they have dumbed down on the electronics till he get used to the bike?

Cal doing better 6ths down.

10. scrivz69

Wise Guy

I cannot believe Lorenzo is going back to Yamaha as a test rider after retiring.

11. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

I'm fairly sure we'll see him wild carding in Barcelona.

12. scrivz69

Wise Guy

Looks like it could be rossi's last year as well, I hope the new bike goes well and he changes his mind.

13. MissChief

Capodecina

Apparently he has been giving away race tickets in some sort of competition or something. Why could that be I wonder? ;)

14. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

He should have retired by now. Nobody can deny that he was an awesome rider but he's been getting his arse handed to him by Vinales for a couple of years.

15. scrivz69

Wise Guy

I think your right mate, he is getting a bit old now.

16. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

It's a real shame, when Rossi was on the top of his game he was all but unbeatable but he's far from the rider he was. Yamaha must think that too or they wouldn't have signed Quartararo to the factory team for 2021.

I think it would have been amazing to see a battle between Rossi, Marquez and Stoner when they were all on form. That would have really been something else.