Motorola Moto G - new budget smartphone champion?

Don
So basically, you are going to have to charge it every night.

Yes - but name a phone that you don't have to charge every night if you use it??? Yes an old Nokia 3310 might last a month, but that's because it sat in your pocket doing nothing.

When did this become acceptable battery usage for phones!?

Since phones became smart - 2007 to 2008 I would imagine?

I assume you are just trolling, but in case you're not - the battery life so far seems better than my previous phone (Samsung Captivate Glide), whilst delivering more performance and better features (e.g. bigger screen).

I assume the battery life is a bit better than the non 4g 2nd gen, due to the bigger battery (which was the reason I waited for this one)

Soldato
I'm not trolling. I just want the impossible dream of having a smart phone that lasts more than 2 days with average use.

The reason I want to know is my HTC one s barely lasts a day on the official ROM. Surely newer phones can last longer than that.

Soldato
I upgraded my moto G 1st gen 16gb to lollipop and it seems I can no longer get data. In my area I normally get G, with occasional E signal but it never comes off "!" now.

Could it be the phone or my carrier? All the APN settings are correct.

Don
I upgraded my moto G 1st gen 16gb to lollipop and it seems I can no longer get data. In my area I normally get G, with occasional E signal but it never comes off "!" now.

Could it be the phone or my carrier? All the APN settings are correct.

I would suggest giving it a couple of reboots and see if it makes any difference - failing that might be worth a reset

Associate
Does anyone else have a problem with album art showing up in the gallery app? I have all my music on the SD card and its really bugging me. I have read you can add a .nomedia file to your music folder but then the music doesn't show in the music app. I don't want to install another gallery app either.

I read you can rename your music folder to "media"and it will solve it but that hasn't worked for me. Going through all the music and embedding the album art would be a major pain.

Soldato
Hey guys another quick question for you guys, have any of you ever had the data turn off when in a call? i only noticed today when i looked at the screen while i was in a call the 4G wasnt there, but as soon as i ended the call it came back. Cannot find anything in the settings regarding it so im confused. On EE if it makes a difference.

Soldato
The wife picked up a Moto G 4G 2nd gen on the weekend to replace her terrible s4 mini. Very pleased with it so far, but there doesn't seem an obvious way of putting it into silent mode, vibrate yes, but not silent. Any clues?

On my parents Moto G if you keep hitting the down volume it goes to vibrate mode then nothing at all, total silence.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Back
Top Bottom