Motorola Moto G - new budget smartphone champion?

Man of Honour
Start using mine on Monday when my number transfers across. Paid £80 for the 16GB in the end from Tescos after a code and Clubcard boost. Will be my first time not using an iPhone in 6 years!

I just couldn't justify the massive gulf in cost between one of these and an iPhone 5S. I know they're not really comparable for hardware, but in terms of a quick, responsive device to message on, browse the web, and use Twitter and Facebook? Very impressed so far.

Associate
Is the Tesco one branded in any way? Was going to pick this up from Phones4U earlier but they were closed, might buy from Tesco instead

Soldato
Afaik from comments is that it just says tesco in the system info section other than that nothing is added to the phone from tesco. Theres a way afaik to flash the retail stock rom so it removes anything to do with tescos and possibly get updates quicker. Also tesco one would be locked to tesco but theres a guy apparently on da bay that unlocks em for 2.04.

Associate
Start using mine on Monday when my number transfers across. Paid £80 for the 16GB in the end from Tescos after a code and Clubcard boost. Will be my first time not using an iPhone in 6 years!

I just couldn't justify the massive gulf in cost between one of these and an iPhone 5S. I know they're not really comparable for hardware, but in terms of a quick, responsive device to message on, browse the web, and use Twitter and Facebook? Very impressed so far.

I have my contract coming to an end in January for my S2 that I have had for 2 years. I am meant to pay £27 a month, but normally it ends up more around £60.

Been with O2 in that time, but this phone on the tesco mobile deal is really appealing, and all for the same reasons as you! Why fork out close to £30 a month when you can have this, that does an awesome job, for less than half the price!

Roll on January, looking forward to it :)

Man of Honour
I am meant to pay £27 a month, but normally it ends up more around £60.

How does that happen? I can see how you might go over by a quid or so, but to more than double your bill? Surely if you're doing that you'd up the contract a little for more inclusive allowances? You must be able to get unlimited everything these days for around £40 p/m...

Associate
Afaik from comments is that it just says tesco in the system info section other than that nothing is added to the phone from tesco. Theres a way afaik to flash the retail stock rom so it removes anything to do with tescos and possibly get updates quicker. Also tesco one would be locked to tesco but theres a guy apparently on da bay that unlocks em for 2.04.

Thanks, works out cheaper this way

Caporegime
It's weirder to think hat everybody needs more storage. I've yet to come close to filling even 8gb on a phone, let alone 16 or more.

A couple of big apps will fill 8GB in no time.

My phone is my personal music player too. I currently have a 32GB card in mine almost full.

Its such a shame, as this is my perfect no frills phone, if it only had an SD slot :(

Soldato
how much of battery life can you get with medium use?

A couple of days is easy enough on the Moto G, that said I definitely don't use it just as much or as often as my NoteII

Screenshot_2013-12-16-16-32-23.png

Last edited:
Soldato
A couple of big apps will fill 8GB in no time.

My phone is my personal music player too. I currently have a 32GB card in mine almost full.

Its such a shame, as this is my perfect no frills phone, if it only had an SD slot :(

Not everybody needs big apps though, my phone is also my personal music player and that takes virtually no memory as I use Google music, for me it is the perfect, no frills phone. I'd go as far as to say that I could have happily had the 8gb version and would have not had an issue with space either.

Soldato
Will this phone play the gta games and also will it play the new gta sa that has just released on iphones now but will come to android soon i think?

If i buy this phone instead of the tesco contract for 12.50pm is ovivo free plan worth getting as in will it last u reckon, prices remain the same as in free, hows the adverts, do u get adverts with opera mini browser and what if you only used wifi? As it would be amazing that ovivio free thing but there must be somit wrong with it to be free as how can they afford it especially if u can prevent the adverts with using wifi when browsing? Do they do adverts when making calls or txts?

Associate
Hi guys,
got one of these today to replace my ascend g300 and hope I will see some nice speed boosts. (£60 for 16gb after clubcard boost thingy :) )
Got to wait a few days now to have a propper play though as numpty here didn't spot the difference in sim size so need to get that changed.

Has anyone used this on the Three network sim only? I've googled it but cannot find anything. Reason being is I will need the Three APN settings to access 3g.

If anyone is using this with 3 would you mind posting you settiings ready for when I can actually use the damn thing? :)

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom