Motorsport Manager

Soldato
OP
Not bad but too basic for my liking feels like a graphic upgrade only over a mobile game.

I first thought the tier system was good until I played it and it is just like a league system with promotion/relegation which I do not like it works in a too basic way.

This is their first release so I hope it does well enough that they can build on this for the future.

too basic?

I think it's pretty detailed. There's a lot to take in!

Soldato
OP
To be honest I somewhat aggree with edgfactors post. Don't get me wrong, fantastic little game and loving it too.

I would like to see more indepth development of parts. Currently we have 5 levels to put in an upgraded stat to make what ever it is you are making. Now, I am not clued up on rules on componants but take brakes for example:

I imagine there is a rule on disc diameter, as in the disc connot be any larger than say 30cm in diameter to fit to a ERS car (this is all hypothetical) so when it comes to desgining your next disc upgrade you could have the option of making the disc diameter bigger than the rule book but then will have the braking stats increased BUT also have the rule breaking stat increased too. Sub options for brakes could be material used, carbon, ceramic etc. Pads, callipers etc. All this costs money so part design is based on what you can afford, how much you're willing to risk and actually have an input in performance increase etc instead of the set stats yolu get with the current way.

just my thoughts on it.:)

I see. I guess that level of detail would put your more casual gamer off. Although I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the option to have that level of detail.

Soldato
OP
Still don't get what I'm meant to be aiming for here. Should I just make sure the setting is somewhere in the green bar or in the middle of it?
:D

It's fairly straight forward. First time around you can either use the default settings or use some common sense. For example. You wouldn't set a car up for top speed on a track with short straights and lots of corners. Would you?

Following that you make adjustments based on the feedback you receive from the drivers. I have a feeling that the width of the green bar is determined by the mechanics experience and skill level. Experienced mechanics have a shorter bar than those with little exp.

Soldato
OP
You need to use the ratings along with the feedback you receive from the drivers. For example, a driver may say the ratios are too long. This would suggest you shorten them.

Soldato
OP
Yeah. I do that. But HOW much do I shorten them by? 1 notch? 2 notches? As I don't get a second chance to test the settings I don't know how far to go.

My favourite part of the game was negotiating the sponsorships with the agents and their logos.

Lol that is for you to determine. Simply make some adjustments and then send them out for a lap or two, to gather their thoughts.

Soldato
OP
So I started off with ZRT (a team from the US). i finished my first season in 9th.

Fast forward to season 2 and I am struggling. I'm halfway through the season and I've fired one driver to free up cash. And hired top notch Designer and Mechanic. Problem is I'm still struggling. In in my last race my main 1st driver crashed. Not only that but we're haemorrhage. We're losing around 70k per race lol. It would've been a lot worse had I not dumped a few people and cut costs elsewhere.

Upgrading my factory doesn't help either. My current balance is minus three million lol.

Soldato
OP
Get a better second driver (you can get some good young unemployed drivers), work on reliability of parts, work on strategy to get better results.

That's all I seem to be working on - reliability. My strategy is somehow flawed.

Testing times lol. But still so much fun. I love this game.

Soldato
OP
Started my fourth season within the Euro Championship yesterday. And I'm still loving this game!

Towards the end of my last season I was able to turn ZRT into a mid-level team.

At present I'm running with Sergio Valdes and Elliot Marsch. Both decent drivers.

Last season I opted to spend loads - previous season I was too afraid to fall into red. Now I'm thinking sod it. I've decided to plow loads of money into development. It's slowly paying off.

Our first race of season 4 was a complete and utter mess. Both cars were rear ended within the first two laps. As a result we finished last :)

Back
Top Bottom