Mountain Mods U2-UFO or TJ-07?

Man of Honour
Anyone here got one, recommended?

Thing is I am going to be mounting a PA 120.3 inside and would prefer not to do too much modding (if any). I know the mountainmods case is pre-drilled for easy fitment of the PA rad which is what drew me towards it. Another plus point is I am also considering a phase change purchase in the future and I am led to believe this case will also suit. Does everything I need come with the case ex fans?

My other options are a TJ-07 and a v2100 which would need modding and are about the same price, know of any other cases that would house a 120.3 without modding apart from those mentioned above and a stacker?

Soldato
I was looking at the mountainmods case for my watercooling but changed my mind as they are very hard to get new in the uk, you need to buy blanking plates that`s the only thing that dont come with the case.

Associate
Lian-Li PC-G70 Server Case.

With modding, will fit my brand shiny new Thermochill PA120.3 in the roof, even with the shroud :D

Rarrr.... can't wait for the weekend and the modding madness to begin :D

Soldato
it's no doubt the u2 ufo is an extremely costly case, 9x120mm blowholes and it comes with no grills or fans.

but it is the ultimate case for water cooling from my perspective, the biggest hitch is having to wait potentially upto 4-5 weeks for it.

i'm selling my v2000b (which i love to death) and grabbing a ufo, just such a sweet case with lots of possibilities.

that lian-li cube is horrible looking lol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, I was (still am) considering your v2000b m8 but for an extra £70 I could get the 'ultimate' lol. Still undecided tbh as the wait could be painful as I have the PA 120.3 waiting next to me just dying to be tried out but this rad maybe a step too far for my modded P180 :D Selling my modded p180 complete with nexxos triple rad fitted soon if anyones interested, keep an eye on MM ;)

Like you say there are 'extras' you have to consider with the UFO, 9 fans and no blanking plates etc. Still it does look the biz imo. What colour did you go for, thinking of the black myself with original panels.

Man of Honour
OP
Nice, the two psu thing is something that appealed to me too. Can you gimme a link on how to setup a dual psu setup plz Jokester.

nvm found it.

Soldato
w3bbo said:
Cheers :D

Now to take the wife out shopping and drop a few hints, hopefully she will see through me and not milk it:)
Fair trade new shoes for the wife and a new case for yourself :D

I have a few friends that are in the usa army over here on training so that should cut the time down if i decide to go for one :)

Soldato
Jokester said:
Currently waiting on a plain black UFO, main selling points for me was the ability to take a 120.3 and a 120.1 and also two PSUs with plenty of space.

Jokester

how long have you had to wait jokester, it's a bulk pre-order if you ordered in the UK from what i've heard?

be sure to post some pics once it's setup won't ya ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
w3bbo said:
Yeah, I was (still am) considering your v2000b m8 but for an extra £70 I could get the 'ultimate' lol. Still undecided tbh as the wait could be painful as I have the PA 120.3 waiting next to me just dying to be tried out but this rad maybe a step too far for my modded P180 :D Selling my modded p180 complete with nexxos triple rad fitted soon if anyones interested, keep an eye on MM ;)

Like you say there are 'extras' you have to consider with the UFO, 9 fans and no blanking plates etc. Still it does look the biz imo. What colour did you go for, thinking of the black myself with original panels.

It looks like you've missed the boat with my case m8, pending pmt ....i think you'd better get a mountain mod :p

yeh for me the u2-ufo in powder black with original top. :)

Soldato
marscay said:
how long have you had to wait jokester, it's a bulk pre-order if you ordered in the UK from what i've heard?

be sure to post some pics once it's setup won't ya ;)
The place your on about has only 2 on order at the moment, they need 6 to ship to the uk.

Man of Honour
OP
Usually works out cheaper than Meadowhall tbh, she already suspects somethings not right. Pretty sad that I have to bribe a loved one to get what I want but it usually does the trick ;)

Back
Top Bottom