Mounting 2 Fans Together...

Soldato
I doubt it would change anything at all, it would probably just restrict the airflow from the first fan. I think, however, that there is some benefit in mounting a fan on either side of a heatsink, but not one on top of the other.

Soldato
If the two are mounted right next to each other you get a HUGE increase in noise (due to turbulance) and a slight increase in static pressure.

You can use a 1/2 fan diameter spacer to greatly reduce the noise, and still get most of the pressure increase, but it becomes far too tall then. - 60mm spacer for a 120mm fan, plus the two fans at 25mm thick = 110mm tall as opposed to a single fan at 25mm....

Best bet if you need the increase in presssure is to invest in some decent 38mm fans (panaflo m1a's or the like) and wind the fan speed up/down to find the sweet spot for you noise/cooling wise using a rheostat.

What are you trying to achieve?

Sam C

Soldato
OP
kk may gibe that a go,

well getting more overclock from my conroe, basically at the moment in my sonata2 case, airflow aint too bad, could be better so going to modify the case.

Remove the HDD mounts and bungee mount the HDD under my dvd drive, attach a fan at the very front of my case.

I am running 3.15 on my 6300 - 39 idle, about 55 - 60 load, need to reset my heatsink as i knocked it and its a little bit loose so got some AS5 coming in the post.

Once i am happy with the airflow i will continue to clock the case. see what i can get on air :p

Back
Top Bottom