Mouse and Keyboard for First Person Shooter on PS5

Caporegime
Just wondered if anyone got this working With other games?

Controller is great for Fighting, driving , slow third person ,platform etc…im just struggling with first person shooter as I’m so used to keyboard and mouse.

I know a few games support it see here…

List of PS5 games that support keyboard and mouse​

1. Ark: Survival Evolved
  2. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  5. Call of Duty: Warzone
  6. Cities: Skylines
  7. DayZ
  8. Dark Souls: Remastered
  9. DC Universe Online
  10. Death Stranding
  11. Deep Rock Galactic
  12. Elden Ring
  13. Final Fantasy XIV
  14. Fortnite
  15. House Flipper
  16. Immortals: Fenyx Rising
  17. Minecraft
  18. Overwatch
  19. Paladins
  20. Planet Coaster
  21. Risk of Rain 2
  22. SMITE
  23. Splitage
  24. Terraria
  25. The Sims 4
  26. They Are Billions
  27. Untitled Goose Game
  28. War Thunder
  29. Warframe
  30. Witcher 3

Last edited:
Soldato
I’d really like to see Keyboard and Mouse Support for all games on Consoles.

The days of Controller vs Controller are gone, most games are Crossplay and include PC Players.

PS5’s list is a fair bit smaller than Xbox’s Support List.

I’m in the same boat as you, gone from PC to Console and really enjoying the experience but any FPS Game with a Controller feels frustrating.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was in the same boat in 2014 when I gave up on PC gaming and moved to console.

I was trying to play call of duty on a pad online, and it was a humbling and frustrating experience. I used to play twitch shooters on PC like Quake 3 and wasn’t used to being so bad at aiming! Having spent 25 years as a PC gamer, it felt like my brain was hard wired for PC controls and would never adapt to controllers.

Things are better now with native mouse and keyboard support in games like call of duty but oddly I’ve never used that functionality. I’ve persevered with pads and now I can hold my own. I’m satisfied with my capability now and feel that the limitations are down to me now rather than my controller being a hindrance.

It’s taken me years to reach that standard though, but I suppose I’m living proof that a PC gamer brain can be rewired!

I understand your frustrations, but things do get better if you stick with pads. If you want to use keyboard and mouse, my understanding is the control method has to be built in by devs on a game by game basis. You can’t brute force mouse and keyboard controls if the game doesn’t support them.

The only option then is a bit more cheaty, IE Chronus or XIM devices which spoof the console into thinking it’s using a pad but you have a mouse and keyboard connected. It’s cheaty because you have mouse controls AND aim assist AND games will put you in lobbies with actual pad players.

These devices also have lots of other cheaty functions like no recoil settings and such like.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same as the above I was a PC gamer for years but gave up a few generations ago (360). Was a struggle at first but now I don’t even think about it. Some games are better than others - try something like Destiny 1 or 2 or Titanfall 2 or Apex Legends to see how it should be done with an FPS with a controller.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Same as the above I was a PC gamer for years but gave up a few generations ago (360). Was a struggle at first but now I don’t even think about it. Some games are better than others - try something like Destiny 1 or 2 or Titanfall 2 or Apex Legends to see how it should be done with an FPS with a controller.

Tried to play Quake 2 last night…I played like a noob…..

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the PS5 has some insane input lag when using a keyboard and mouse, I tried it earlier on and it felt like the mouse was lagging behind the cursor otherwise it would have been ideal for me coming from PC

Soldato
Yeah that’s never going to work. Pretty sure the base game of Destiny 2 is free now. Give it a go we’ve come a long way since Quake. I think you’ll be fine if you try it.
Q2 controls are awful. Not a good game to try and play on pad, even for the console natives. I persevered for the nostalgia but it was dog rough to try and aim, even after multiple tweaks.

I found Q1 better personally.

Associate
I'm pretty sure the PS5 has some insane input lag when using a keyboard and mouse, I tried it earlier on and it felt like the mouse was lagging behind the cursor otherwise it would have been ideal for me coming from PC
What keyboard/mouse did you use? I haven't used it often but I played a few matches of Warzone on my PS5 with KB+M (G815 + G502) and didn't notice any lag. Was actually pleasantly surprised how similar it felt to playing it on PC

Soldato
Presumably using a mouse and keyboard on a console disables aim assist on MP games like COD?

Yes. That’s why XIM/Cronus is cheaty because the console thinks you are using a pad but you have a mouse connected and so aim assist is still active.

Granted a mouse via such devices is not as nice to use as a mouse connected natively, but when you add aim assist and anti recoil settings etc, it’s makes it an OP combination.

Associate
Yes. That’s why XIM/Cronus is cheaty because the console thinks you are using a pad but you have a mouse connected and so aim assist is still active.

Granted a mouse via such devices is not as nice to use as a mouse connected natively, but when you add aim assist and anti recoil settings etc, it’s makes it an OP combination.
Had to lookup XIM/Cronus, makes sense. Essentially bypasses consoles checks to see if you're using a mouse and does not find, so assumes you're using a joypad. Simple but effective.

These issues weren't there before multi-platform cross play MP games. Pro's and con's I suppose.

Associate

Thought I'd read recently that Ricochet Anti cheat was updated in the past few days and can now identify XIM/Cronus users, read that some high-profile streamers have been bitten recently and had the ban hammer dropped on them due to it.

I also think the recent PS5 firmware update has also limited their use and in some cases disabled them completely.

Soldato
Several years ago I got a Razor Turret to use with an Xbox. I ended up selling it as I could not get it to work effectively with any game i tried.

Back
Top Bottom