Mouse mat?

Permabanned
Up to now, I've been using a Microsoft 4000 wireless mobile mouse. It has this bluetrac tech, so it works on just about anything apart from glass. So I don't currently use a mouse mat.

I'm aiming to get a new mouse, probably the Razer Viper. Do I need to get a mouse mat with this, or can I just use it on my desk?

Soldato
I bought a Titanwolf XXL just before Christmas and it's been great for little over £10. There's a bunch with some really nice designs on them, makes your desk that little bit cooler/brighter.

4_HUD.jpg

The above is the one I bought to be exact.

It's pretty big too, more than enough space for both my keyboard and my mouse. As I mentioned, there's a lot of different designs/themes if the above isn't your cup of tea.

Permabanned
OP
I bought a Titanwolf XXL just before Christmas and it's been great for little over £10. There's a bunch with some really nice designs on them, makes your desk that little bit cooler/brighter.

It's pretty big too, more than enough space for both my keyboard and my mouse. As I mentioned, there's a lot of different designs/themes if the above isn't your cup of tea.

Looks pretty cool! I didn't expect a big mat like that, unless I suppose the keyboard slides around?

Soldato
Looks pretty cool! I didn't expect a big mat like that, unless I suppose the keyboard slides around?

My keyboard feels solid on it, it doesn't move at all, so it makes for a good desk-topper/mousepad combination.

titanwolf.jpg

Here's an image with a full sized keyboard + mouse to give you a better idea.

Soldato
Interesting, I hadn't even thought of getting one that big. What sort of surface is on the pad?

It's a very solid feeling cloth material, if you zoom in you can see the way the edges are sort of braided. It has padding and a rubber backing below, so it sticks to a desk very well, no moving around as you use your mouse or anything like that.

It feels extremely smooth for mouse use, and as mentioned very comfortable for having your keyboard on and just general use.

I've had mine for about two months now, given the material I was concerned that it might get dirty easily, it really doesn't as long as you give it a dust at least once a week.

For the price I'd hugely recommend giving one a chance to be honest, as I said they're just over a tenner so hardly breaking the bank to check out.

Caporegime

I have a desk mat and then also a mouse mat on top of the desk mat.

The desk mat covers the full desk. Mouse mat just where I use the mouse.

I see it as protection for the desk and my hardware.

My desk mat could do with being replaced after 3 years as it looks like where I have my wrist up against it has caused the top to come away from the rubber / sponge underneath a little.

I could probably glue it back on though so might do that.

I think the ones that are stitched on the sides are a lot better for this. So would replace with one of them

Back
Top Bottom