Mousemat for MX1000

Associate
im looking for a new mousemat as my Ratpadz GS is getting a bit worn out.
looking at the current mats out they all seam huge. i dont want anything much bigger than the ratpadz (about 29cm by 24cm)

what do you suggest? doesnt have to be a gaming mat, as i dont play games that much.

thanks

i have just a few days ago bought an icemat version 2 for an MX1000 and I'm loving it! It's 30cm x 25cm which is plenty and it really does glide as if it were on ice.

It comes with some padsurferz (pads to put on the bottom of the mouse). Without these on it was great, but I noticed that these padsurferz were smoother than the ones already on the mouse, so I stuck them on, and all is well (it sounds a bit quieter with them on).

I had a problem with my mx1000 beforehand because on a flat surface, it seemed to wobble slightly. I have now overcome this by replacing all of the original pads with the new ones except for the closest one to the laser hole where I simply stuck the new one on the old one, and now it doesn't rock. Brilliant mouse mat (although it's the only proper one I have ever tried ;))

Qpad.

I've used Icemat V2, Everglide, cheapo IKEA, teflon chopping board...

Qpad is the BEST I've used. Just really nice and smooth. I've bought two so far - small for my laptop (work) and large for home PC (gaming).

teflon.jpg

£3 and it rocks.

Simon/~Flibster

Jimbo Mahoney said:
Interesting. What did you think of the QPad?

I liked it, but I could imagine that it'd get grimey with sweat etc. after extended use. Also cos it has a soft fibrey top I'd imagine that those fibres wouldn't help with me using mouseskates (gets stuck inbetween mouseskates and the mousefeet). Also for low sens I found the s&s had the best 'acceleration' factor when aiming in game... as in can move fast enough whilst still precise, or move slow enough, whereas with the QPad it wasn't like that!

Yes I take playing games seriously :p

i think the S&S is too big, and im not too sure about the dual layer 4D.

whats the difference between between the icemat 2 and the original. i seam to remember the original icemat not working too well with mx1000s

aftershxck said:
I liked it, but I could imagine that it'd get grimey with sweat etc. after extended use. Also cos it has a soft fibrey top I'd imagine that those fibres wouldn't help with me using mouseskates (gets stuck inbetween mouseskates and the mousefeet). Also for low sens I found the s&s had the best 'acceleration' factor when aiming in game... as in can move fast enough whilst still precise, or move slow enough, whereas with the QPad it wasn't like that!

Yes I take playing games seriously :p

I'm the same with my mouse pads.

I think I'm a medium-low sens player (360' turn in FPS across 30cm of mousing surface approx) and I find the QPad perfect.

Back
Top Bottom