Moving from 27" 1440 to 27" 1080?

Soldato
I have had my asus 27" 1440p ips for a few years now and its been great. But late last year i got CSR in my eye that has permanently buggered up my vision. I now have to wear glasses and i struggle to read text without leaning in.

I have recently been planning to get a new gfx card and monitor, and have been considering the ultrawide 1440p monitors, however with the new quake coming out i am tempted to just get another 27" but with 144hz+ as my current monitor is 60.

I have been looking into them and cant help but think maybe if i got a native 1080p at 27" it might make my life a lot easier when reading the screen, but also serve to make my games easier to drive too. Does anyone have any experience at that res and screen size or is able to offer any recommendations?

Also is freesync/gsync worth it over just getting a high hz monitor like a benq?

Associate
I use the ultra-wide AOC 34" 21:9 monitor and run it at 60hz only. I use a 980ti still and do not have any issues with gaming (FPS, RPG games). In regards to reading text I find there very useful and there shouldn't really be any difference (you can always may text larger). I guess it depends what games you play that will make the difference and how severe your central serous retinopathy is, as it's normally a temporary issue and yours is permanent I would guess it is fairly severe. Do you have the option to see any screen and test them before you buy maybe?

Permabanned
You can choose to increase the size of text in the Windows OS.

Right click on the desktop and choose display settings which is near the bottom. Then you'll see a scale and layout section, In there there's a "Change the size of text, apps and other items"
That will be at 100% (recommended) in the drop down window, adjust that, I think 125% is close to 1080p text sizing.

Back
Top Bottom