Moving from Joomla to Wordpress

Soldato
Hi,

So a local company have 2 website, one based on Wordpress, the other, Joomla.

The Joomla creator basically built it, handed them a book and said "i'm leaving the industry to do something else!" and left them.

I've updated as far as I can, make changes for them as and where but they know how to use Wordpress, but Joomla is a little too awkward to get their head around. They need simple and easy.

Now, I've created websites with code and used lots of wordpress sites, making little changes here and there but I've never moved one over and I have always struggled with design when it comes to Wordpress.

Firstly how difficult would it be to move http://owzat-insure.co.uk from Joomla to WP and keep the looks identical?

Any good resources you would suggest?

Thanks

Associate
From looking at the site I would say that should be a fairly easy job. Set the "News" page as the Wordpress "Posts Page" and have the other pages "Home", "About Us" etc as static pages and set the Home static page as the "Front Page" for the site.

It looks to be a pretty standard 2 column layout for every page so you could probably find a prebuilt template which would only require a few tweaks.

Should be a fun little project.

Back
Top Bottom