moving out and renting some help

Soldato
seen a flat at 450 PCM unfirnished i only earn about £1000 a month is this possible to move in when i add up other costs?need a little advice i know each situation is different i just need a general opinion. thanks

I would go with probably.

My mortgage is just over that and between me and my flatmate I doubt we have £1000 income. It will depend on your lifestyle and where you are though I guess.

Edit: we don't pay council tax or water though. I guess these are some of the things you might need to think about when adding up costs

Gas, Electricity, Water, Phone, Internet, Council tax, Contents Insurance

Last edited:
AcidHell2 said:
doable, but tight

Bills will be a killer on your own with that budget.

yes i was thinking that might sound strange i dont want to share with my mates no lady either. i have a few grand saved up but i know i would spend that!

Rebelius said:
Gas, Electricity, Water, Phone, Internet, Council tax, Contents Insurance

i guess that will all add up a rough estimate of all that minus the phone?looks like sky tv is a no no..lol

ants83 said:
yes i was thinking that might sound strange i dont want to share with my mates no lady either. i have a few grand saved up but i know i would spend that!

give me 10 and i'll do a budget.

Between two of us

£640 rent
£25 elec
£20 gas
£25 water
£120 council tax
£30 tv + Broadband + Telephone

council tax is 25% reduction for single occupant and I would guess that would be about right for the gas/water/elec as well.

We both only have showers (tap shower, not power shower), 2 computers-only on when where in the house. So I would say we use medium elec and low water.

Then ontop of that I have
£23 Mobile
£134 Loan
£100 fuel
£100 food

This is all per month.

Ones you may want to add if you pay monthly
car insurance
content insurance
and any other direct debits you have

Unfortunately if you live on your own the bills go up a lot.

Back
Top Bottom