MPC-HC - Release Thread

Man of Honour
Any reason to use this over vlc?

I find MPC-HC a bit slicker to use than VLC and some features are better when dealing with more advanced playback, but VLC can play some media MPC-HC can't and likely never will and does have some features like network media functionality which MPC-HC is lacking so I've both installed.

Last edited:
Don
Long term MPC-BE user, I use chocolatey to keep it up to date.

Awesome package manager for windows. I just open cmd as admin . Type in.. choco upgrade all, then it updates all the applications that I've added through that. No more wasting time looking for updates etc :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I just use winget upgrade --all in powershell to keep apps like MPC-BE updated without having to manually do anything else.

Simples!

Soldato
But does it come in black????????????????

BE is the same as HC, just in black, which is the correct theme to have :p
Black theme for the player but all the icons are still white :o Also I can't seem to get it to auto associate for all media types in windows i.e. if you want to play MP4 you have to right click on file > select media player, MPC-BE just associates all files during install

If only i knew what those settings did. :)

And no I'm not kidding, that's always been my problem with things like MPC-HC, no matter how much i read about things like texture formats, DXVA12 and D3D11, and Chroma Upsampling/Upscaling/Downscaling i still don't understand what I'm doing when i change things to a point where i can do A/B comparisons. :)

It's like change X, play video, can't see the difference. Does the setting i just changed not apply to this format, size, whatever, or am i just ignorant WRT what i was meant to notice.
Its just for tinkering with you might notice a difference but if you don't know what you're doing just leave at defaults

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Icon association is dark here, and open with is always MPC-BE too, mkv example but same applies to all video extensions:

pWleILW.png

How have you got your MPC (doesn't matter if HC or BE as the same thing) configured :p

Soldato
Its just for tinkering with you might notice a difference but if you don't know what you're doing just leave at defaults
Yea that's pretty much what i do, still it would be nice to read technical breakdowns of all the settings. Although I'm guessing that's difficult without having to explain all the finer details of image processing.

Back
Top Bottom