@ Mr Impaler

Man of Honour
Soldato
Well now I've done it. I was bored at work and was looking around at what was on sale at an online computer store. I saw OCZ Gold Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit System Memory for $164.99 US (95 GBP) and on a lark I bought it. :o

I'm not really one to make such expensive purchases on an impulse but it's hurtling its way toward me at a rapid pace. We'll see if this lets me push my OC higher. I certainly expect it will. Hopefully it will make Xeon-Battle II more interesting. ;)

Man of Honour
Soldato
I'm going to need some more mods to pull it off, but I think with some luck I might be able to push it to 250 MHz FSB. At a 16x multi that's good for 4000 MHz. :eek: :D

I'm gonna need to take some Sandra benchies before I do anything so I can get some hard numbers as to the increased bandwidth.

Where did I put my soldering iron?

Man of Honour
rich99million said:
watch out for that mister berserker though - his xeons tend to spew out 10s of WUs all of a sudden :eek: :p
Sadly my dualie is equipped with non-overclocked prestonias - a.k.a. sucksville. It's also the older E7505 chipset - a.k.a. more sucksville.

It seems to like SETI quite a bit, but isn't so keen on anything else.

Man of Honour
Soldato
So my shiny gold presents came in the mail yesterday. I installed the DIMMs and changed the timings to the factory ratings of 3-4-3-8. They were, IIRC, 2.5-3-2-7. As a result, my memory bandwidth in SiSandra went slightly down, about 100 MiB/s lower. This is at DDR400 speeds. When I get back to it later this evening, I will see how I can put the FSB without doing any mods to increase the memory voltage. After that I'll fiddle with the timings becasue the new, higher ones are only the rated timings at DDR500 speeds.

Can I hit 3504 MHz today? :D

Back
Top Bottom