Mr & Mrs Smith | Prime Video

Soldato

Two lonely strangers land a job working for a mysterious spy agency that offers them a glorious life of espionage, wealth, world travels and a dream brownstone in Manhattan. The catch: new identities in an arranged marriage as Mr. & Mrs. John and Jane Smith. Now hitched, John and Jane navigate a high risk mission every week while also facing a new relationship milestone. Their complex cover story becomes even more complicated when they catch real feelings for each other. What’s riskier, espionage or marriage?

Mr. & Mrs. Smith Premieres on Prime Video February 2nd, 2024.

Associate
Meh, my prime subscription expires end of January. We don't watch enough prime video to justify the subscription, especially when we find something we want to watch and they want an additional fee to watch it. Plus with ads coming in unless you pay even more to remove them.

I enjoyed the film, I think, it was over 17 years ago and I haven't seen it since. It was where I saw the film that was was more memorable. It was in Banja Luka, Bosnia, in the back of the BFBS Movie Machine - an artic lorry where the trailer sides extends outward et voila - a mini cinema :)

Soldato
I'll give this a watch but my bet at the moment (without watching any trailers or anything yet) is that it will be absolute cack.

Man of Honour
The premise of the original movie of them not knowing each other was working for a different agency is really what made it, so don't have hopes for this, but I'll watch an episode later and see.

Caporegime
Might watch an episode or 2. Wasn't really on my list but the 2 websites I visit daily have quite positive headlines (I didn't read the articles, cos spoilers).

The Verge:

Amazon’s Mr. & Mrs. Smith series is a clever interpolation of the classic spy fantasy​

Digital Spy:

Mr and Mrs Smith succeeds where Citadel failed​

rp2000

Soldato
The show was generally enjoyable, however, episode 6 was rather tedious and unnecessarily prolonged.

If you are a fan of Donald Glover's previous work, particularly "Atlanta," you will likely appreciate this show as it shares a similar atmosphere and dialogue style.

Associate
Watching ep1 now, will give it a chance, however I'm already slightly irked by the Reacher style walking-in-the-open-into-a-gunfight
Such a petty thing I know but it seems to be more common and could easily be replaced with something not so stupid, lazy writing/directing?

Last edited:
Soldato
Watching ep1 now, will give it a chance, however I'm already slightly irked by the Reacher style walking-in-the-open-into-a-gunfight
Such a petty thing I know but it seems to be more common and could easily be replaced with something not so stupid, lazy writing/directing?
I tried to not pay too much attention to the gun battles as they are annoyingly unrealistic. When you're faced with overwhelming odds from all directions, with sub-machine guns you would think you're done for, but nope it's hardly an inconvenience, just duck and run around the corner.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
If there not trying to kill each other with that comedy element.... can this be even interesting as an tv series?

Back
Top Bottom