• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MS xCloud joins Google in thier use of AMD GPU's for Game Streaming

Soldato
True, but the drop is mostly due to Crypto crash.

The HPC and DL business is still increasing rapidly.

Datacenter will catch up with gaming ina few years
https://www.nextplatform.com/2018/02/09/just-large-can-nvidias-datacenter-business-grow/

That article was written over a year ago so I'm not sure why your referencing it now, look at Nvidia's revenue trends; The data centre revenue has declined this year compared to last year as well as declining QoQ (not to mention gaming revenue has fallen off a cliff) it's hard to gauge why this has happened but orders from large companies have been soft recently and might reflect a trend that some clients are moving to specific ASIC/custom made hardware (like google is doing) rather then general purpose hardware that Nvidia supplies.

Caporegime
That article was written over a year ago so I'm not sure why your referencing it now, look at Nvidia's revenue trends; The data centre revenue has declined this year compared to last year as well as declining QoQ (not to mention gaming revenue has fallen off a cliff) it's hard to gauge why this has happened but orders from large companies have been soft recently and might reflect a trend that some clients are moving to specific ASIC/custom made hardware (like google is doing) rather then general purpose hardware that Nvidia supplies.

It was the most recent article I found but I 100% there has been changes even in datacenter

There is a general decline in global demand for data center and ML hardware. Tech market economy is very much on its toes. The Autonomous car industry started to become more realistic than hyping up fantasies. But the general feeling form economists is that this is just a general slow down in this sector (plus a risk of a general recession). This doesn't change the long term forecasts much, but the timeline has been pushed back.

Back
Top Bottom