MSDN subscription?

Associate
Right, so I've been told about this MSDN program, and i'm able to get a 3 year subscription for £59.99.
You can probably guess were its from. And it seems completely legit, he has some positive feedback from this product also.

Just a few questions if i did get this subscription, would my products i download, expire with my subscription? Or will they be mine to keep forevor etc?

Has anyone else bought one and able to give me some feedback on this, as it seems extremely tempting.

Soldato
Right, so I've been told about this MSDN program, and i'm able to get a 3 year subscription for £59.99.
You can probably guess were its from. And it seems completely legit, he has some positive feedback from this product also.

Just a few questions if i did get this subscription, would my products i download, expire with my subscription? Or will they be mine to keep forevor etc?

Has anyone else bought one and able to give me some feedback on this, as it seems extremely tempting.

Basically you're about to spend £60 on something which isn't legit - MSDN subscriptions do not come in at £60.

From a legal point of view this is akin to buying an OEM copy of Windows and then moving it from machine to machine.
As soon as you move the OS you break EULA and you are no more legal than somebody running a pirated copy of the OS.
So you might just as well have paid nothing, stolen the OS and been just as "illegal" - but it cost you nothing.

The same with your MSDN deal.
Pay £60 and have a non-legit licence.
So nothing you do with it will actually be legal.
Or pay nothing and pirate everything you can get via MSDN.
End result is the same - you're just as illegal in each situation.
However one route cost you £60, the other didn't.

Associate
OP
Well i've never heard of this MSDN etc, so i'm a little on the dark side.
Obviously i wasn't going to click buy before posting here or researching.

WARNING - Piracy is widespread on MSDN Subscriptions right now!

Download only, academic subscriptions, non-licensed versions, illegal NFR promo SKUs are all widespread. These illegal sales are currently under investigation by Microsoft - if caught, your licensing may be revoked and you or your company could face fines or jail time.

We hope to earn your business on new and renewal MSDNs, but if you choose another reseller, here's how you avoid being ripped off:

* Buy from a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner ~ ask for Partner ID and verify it.
* Always get License numbers on multi-year MSDN Subscriptions.
* Pricing that is too good to be true, is too good to be true.
* We can have a Microsoft rep verify a deal for you - please ask!

lal

Occasionally something too good to be true comes along. :D

Last edited:
Don
it's probably someone who has bought a legit account and then is selling additional logins for it

when MS find out, they'll just deny access to all the email addresses for that account, and take action against the original seller

Soldato
Guys, quick question. There is a seller B.Gates who is selling all his stock/shares in Microsoft, £50 for the lot.

Would I be earning money/benefitting from this situation or ****ing it up against a wall?

Thanks!

;)

I was going to quote the first two posts originally, but then I thought, "I need some original input or I'll just look lazy" :cool:

Soldato
It does sound too good to be true.
To answer your question though, products aren't time limited with the msdn account, whatever you download is yours to 'test' forever.

Soldato
I'd suspect that the seller(s) have some sort of corporate account, they are then allowed to add emails to this list. We have something similar at work, there are 2 master accounts and all other accounts are derived from these accounts so in my case I received some sort of key/validation code to use to open the MSDN account that I have. For me I'm limited in what I am allowed to download, can get all the OS'es, whereas the master accounts have access to almost everything.

Don't take the above as gospel, this is what I was told by my manager when I complained that there was some software that I couldn't download. :)

As to how legal this is, surely it can't be as it has to be persons within the organisation I suppose. I'd still contact MS and see what they say as if you decide to go ahead and the account only last a few weeks there'll be little or nothing you can do.

Back
Top Bottom