• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

msi 2070 super Ventus oc. did i make a mistake?

Associate
Ordered the above card last night as my last 4 nvidia cards have been msi and never had a problem with them. im limited to space in my case due to my rad being so close to the mobo (thermal take core case) so cant go for a triple fan card. After ordering i found a few reviews saying its a bad card with locked voltage, stupidly loud under load and bad coil wine. Does anybody have the above card? if so how true is this? should i change it for maybe the Palit Super stream card?
any advice is great thanks

Associate
^^ just like he said. Wait and try it out. I had an Inno3D RTX 2070 Gaming X2 OC which just ran too loud and hot (dual 90mm at 2800rpm and around 79°c). I sold it and got a Zotac RTX 2070 Super Twin Fan and it's superb. Much quieter (dual 90mm at 1800rpm) and cooler (70°c).

Associate
OP
Well it's in and fitted. It's actually smaller than my 1070 (even though I measured it) so could have got away with a bigger card. It's no louder than my old 1070 under load tbh and after playing control for 3 hours at high settings including high ray tracing its maxing out at 67° so I'm happy with that. Plus it fits my colour scheme really well lol

Soldato
Well it's in and fitted. It's actually smaller than my 1070 (even though I measured it) so could have got away with a bigger card. It's no louder than my old 1070 under load tbh and after playing control for 3 hours at high settings including high ray tracing its maxing out at 67° so I'm happy with that. Plus it fits my colour scheme really well lol

Glad you like it. The internet is great, but, people usually only post the negative stuff about products they received.

Back
Top Bottom