• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 7950 Twin Frozor problem?

Associate
Gents,

Received and installed this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-190-MS today.

Card idles between 65 - 69 degrees. I have antec p180 case with good airflow no issues there.

I have amd overdrive enabled through catalyst control center.
It seems that card is in constant overdrive mode, even on desktop it does not clock down. GPU usage at 73%, GPU clock at 960 MHz memory clock at 1250. I tried disabling overdrive, no change. Msi afterburner shows same results.

Tried latest beta driver and 13.4 as well.

I played few games, card performs great, temps did not go higher than 72 degrees under load.

Am i missing something or is there a fault with the card?

Cheers

Soldato
just anything odd :), you can google individual processes that look sus.

a lot of that mining virus going around I keep hearing!

screener your processes if you want us to have a look?

Associate
OP
just anything odd :), you can google individual processes that look sus.

a lot of that mining virus going around I keep hearing!

screener your processes if you want us to have a look?

Cheers buddy, took couple of screenies, could not fit all processes into one screenie, smaller one is with bottom ones missed in 1st screenie.
http://imageshack.us/a/img845/1189/b3c4.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/5706/evw0.jpg

** Please resize image to no more than 1280px wide before replacing image tags - thanks **

Associate
OP
Gents,

win32.exe*32 process running is the culprit. I have stopped the process and card went down to expected clock while idle.

I had run full scan with my bitdefender but it has not found or removed it.

I did google for it, but there is no outright solution, any of you wizards have any ideas?

Associate
OP
cheers gents.

Running malwarebytes, trial version, hoping that it being trial is not going to limit its operation, cant really afford to buy it right now.

Good old spybot, i used to swear by it in win xp days, for being free it was great piece of software, will try that next.

Associate
OP
Success!!

Malwarebytes has solved the problem, win32.exe process gone, card idling at 30 degrees, clocking down on desktop as expected. Happy days.

Thanks you all for your useful input.

Ved

Caporegime
keep task manager open,wait 20 minutes without touching kb/mouse and you'll see the virus startup,cpu will go to nearly 100% same as gpu

then you'll see server host manager and another few processes startup,soon as you move the mouse they will shut down and go back to normal so make a note

I had the bitmining virus and was anightmare to get rid of,got rid of it with stopzilla program,been fine since

EDIT: ahh see you've got rid already

Back
Top Bottom