MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX - CPU LED (no POST)

Yes I installed the chipset drivers, just updated to the newest one as of about 5 minutes ago also. A work around for now for basically all of the graphical problems is to just play the game in fullscreen windowed mode, it has completely stopped 99% of the problems I was having.

That would indicate something wrong with the CPU, Make sure there are no bent pins and make sure all seated properly
Not really. MSI has some real issues delivering good working bioses for the old series of their mobos. I am researching myself to get a new rig these days, and I am considering buying Gaming Carbon. Today I spend most of the day reading about the numerous issues the MSI boards have.

Hi, so I recently received the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX from OCUK to complete my new PC build however I cannot get the PC to post. The VGA LED has been on a few times, same with BOOT and DRAM but the CPU light is on almost constantly.

I have tried to POST with one RAM stick, with no GPU, with no USB peripherals plugged in, flashing to a newer BIOS (2 different BIOS).

Do you guys have any ideas what I could've done wrong or what the issue could be? If you need more info let me know what you need and I will try and answer asap.

Specs -
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
AMD Ryzen 3600X
Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200Mhz (2x8GB)
PowerColor RX 5700 XT Red Devil
Corsair AX760 PSU
Coolermaster H500

I will try to help you the best I can with my limited knowledge on the issue. Most likely it is a problem of the motherboard. B450 MSI Tomahawk (and Max) are encountering serius issues, similar to yours. Some people are not able to make PC turn on, or some have very slow boots, with several seconds of black screen during booting, cold boots and many more.

What can you do for your case? Firstly consider asking an RMA. If you want to give it a try though, there are some things you can do. Firstly, try to flash via the Bios Flashback feature the latest firmware, then try some older versions. Use some old USB2 drive not larger than 8gb. Some people suggest to use Rufus to format it before you copy the bios files. Also note that flashing and first boot might take a while. Some people even report 20 mins of waiting.

Another thing you can do to make sure BIOS is clean from any obsolete settings, is to power off your Power supply for 4-5 minutes, and also remove the motherboard battery for the same duration.

For more do some search on Reddit, there are several guides regarding which is considered the most stable version at the moment and more.

Back
Top Bottom