MSI bloatware ... utter garbage. Dragon Center locks CPU at 3.8, 1.1v

Associate
Ok ... I've been freaking out with this for a couple of hours. I just discovered the source of the issue.

"Out of nowhere" my, CPU Ryzen 3900x, was being locked at 3.8 and 1.1v ...
BIOS was just fine ... but as soon as windows finalized the startup, bammm ...

So back and forward I was trying to discover what was the source of this issue... and Dragon Center is the issue.

So, I use the Dragon Center just for 1 thing ... Fans. For that, I had to go to the User Scenario > Customize option and there is the only way I can control the fans... Cool, I thought...

But out of nowhere my CPU was locked at 3.8 and 1.1v. I was completely lost... until i saw that in the Customize screen the CPU frequency was displaying 3800 Mhz. I went to the settings of that option and... the multiplier was set at 38.

So, for those of you that may be freaking out with a similar issue, you need to set the multiplier to whatever max boost clocks your CPU has.

Jeez... WHYYYY do they do this kind of crap ... the effort to develop such an app and at the end of the day, it is soooo terrible.

Btw, is there a good app to control fans, other than the Speedfan? And that is somehow nice to use?
I have a NZXT Grid+ V3 laying around and CAM software next to this is amazing!

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you on a Ryzen system? Dragon Centre conflicts with AMD Software. I have no experience of Dragon Centre with an Intel system to know if it does the same.

MSI BIOS is good for controlling fans.

Associate
OP
Yeah, I'm on an AMD, sorry ... I should have made this remark. Going to edit the OP.

The Bios is good enough yes, the thing is when you want to do some small tweaks without leaving Windows, like, fixing the fans at 30% for example ...

Back
Top Bottom