MSI gaming edge x570

Associate
I'm having trouble changing anything in the bios with this board. Once I select an option the screen starts to freeze, leaving a section of the screen with options on it stuck over the bios screen.

It also randomly changes language to Chinese while navigating the options.

If I'm lucky enough to change any settings it will freeze when I try to save and exit.

X570 gaming edge latest bios
Ryzen 3700x
Vengeance 3600 MHz
Win 10 fresh install, all updates applied

Any ideas on what I should do.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the same board and not faced any issues when in the BIOS.
I'd probably try flashing the BIOS overwriting your existing one just in case it's a corrupt BIOS issue.

Associate
OP
I have the same board and not faced any issues when in the BIOS.
I'd probably try flashing the BIOS overwriting your existing one just in case it's a corrupt BIOS issue.
Tried and same result, I'll put up so pictures from my phone. Can put a quick video on YouTube if it's not against the rules

Associate
OP
Reset the bios first then don't bother enabling xmp, see if you are able to make changes then, if it all runs fine, I'd say it doesn't like your ram.
I tried just saving a profile without any changes and still the same. It's when I select an option the previous screen doesn't fade out and instead tries to merge them together. If you look at the pictures where the text is it kind of shows what I mean. The first is the best example, text displayed behind the options on top, and the Settings/OC tabs have the old tabs behind them. It will continue to layer up until it eventually freezes.

Associate
OP
Happy to say it's solved, the bios bugs using a TV as I did to set up. After monitor up and running nicely, a few resets. Can't hear the chipset fan, had to check it was actually spinning and temps stay within mid 60's when gaming.

Associate
Happy to say it's solved, the bios bugs using a TV as I did to set up. After monitor up and running nicely, a few resets. Can't hear the chipset fan, had to check it was actually spinning and temps stay within mid 60's when gaming.
so it was because you connected it to a TV that caused the issue?

Nice to know that the X570 fan is not noisy.

Associate
OP
so it was because you connected it to a TV that caused the issue?

Nice to know that the X570 fan is not noisy.
Yeah I sent a message to MSI support before I returned/RMA it and they knew from my pictures it was from a TV and said to use a monitor for bios. I had my doubts but everything is running nicely.

Associate
Yeah I sent a message to MSI support before I returned/RMA it and they knew from my pictures it was from a TV and said to use a monitor for bios. I had my doubts but everything is running nicely.
thx.

I am very tempted in the MSI carbon pro offer https://www.msi.com/Promotion/I-Love-You-3000-AMD
where you get a free 240mm AIO and if your write a review somewhere a £25 steam voucher.

Associate
It says it can take up to 14 working days to review the claim, I imagine there's a very busy guy in a office somewhere having to verify all the purchases since launch.
I don't know if I will be able to order one of these for myself. I have just ordered a gigabyte X570 ITX for the wife and all the new stuff is costing £1000 for a 3600 system. The gigabyte X570 comes with a £30 steam voucher and so I will let you know how long that takes to come.

Back
Top Bottom