• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GPUs at CES 2014: Massive R9 290X Lightning

Soldato
Into that mix, MSI is releasing a gigantic R9 290X with their triple-fan and triple-slot GPU. The R9 290X Lightning should have the cooling capacity to keep the Hawaii cores running at maximum performance, but the drawback of course is that running more than two such cards in a single case will prove problematic at best. For those who are looking for the performance of the R9 290X without the noise, however, this may be the perfect solution.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7625/msi-gpus-at-ces-2014-massive-r9-290x-lightning-and-more

Ai5KRnb.jpg.png

Dp2gD7Ol.jpg.png

hGYw6Ljl.jpg.png

That is huge. :eek:

Last edited:
It would only be based on there flagship model the 290X I would imagine.

I imagine that it will be reserved only for the 290X, just as there was never a 7950 or 6950 lightning.

It's what I was thinking, just asking as someone in our gaming community is hoping for a 290 Lightning.

that yellow small fan , so fugly , and spins differently from other two fans ;/

It does look fugly compared to previous Lightning's but I guess if you're water cooling it, it doesn't matter.

R290X Lightening is very quiet on the standard cooling solution and temps are good too.

Gibbo posted some info on temps the other day, does look good. :)

Got a feeling though this card will be very expensive. :(

Yeah looks like a real brute of a card. Might be the pick of the 290's.

I said when you got your 290's you'd be selling them within a few months. ;)

Due to the way this conversation diverted to the 290 as opposed to the 290x lightning there, right about the time he asked the question, can I just get a clarification? Is it definitely the MSI R9 290X Lightning you are expecting to arrive this month?

Thanks in advance

Gibbo has said Jan/Feb

Assuming that stock is due this month and on sale next month.

Back
Top Bottom