msi gs70 laptop

Associate
anyone have this issue or how to rectify ,I switch comp on and I get msi screen come on for few seconds then it switches off

What happened?

Did you update any software?

Did you upgrade graphics card driver before installing latest Firmware or latest Bios?

I had a similar issue with a other MSI laptop flashed bios and no issues, however switching off could be multiple issues...

is it possible to spam recovery mode options and boot in safe mode or anything?

Associate
press and hold F3 and go into windows recovery and repair under advance. after that it should be ok. i still do not know how to fix it permanently but that was how i got around it

Associate
From past experience with owning a couple of these in the past, first of all try a reset by holding down the power button for 30 seconds and then waiting a couple of minutes before powering on again. Another thing to try if you've got an SSD installed is to remove the SSD from the laptop, and then power it on again without it installed. Older MSI laptops with these early type of SSD's can get into a boot loop where the BIOS hangs due to a glitch within the UEFI facility and needs resetting.

Liam.

Associate
anyone have this issue or how to rectify ,I switch comp on and I get msi screen come on for few seconds then it switches off

Did you get sorted? My MSI laptop does this more and more (GS60 Stealth bought Dec 2013), I have to remove power cable and any USB connected devices then hold power down for 30 seconds. Then next time it boots I spam F12 or Del (can't remember which to be honest) until it goes into BIOS then just exit without saving changes and it'll boot up normally for a few days. I'm not sure if it's an issue with W10 as it came with W8 so it might be that or it could just be getting old. Either way I'd probably get an MSI again as they have some very nice slim designs.

Back
Top Bottom