Msi gt680 memory problems

Associate
Hi guys I've got a msi gt680 laptop, it's a i7 processor and 8gb ram, it's approx 9 or 10 years old, but still works apart from it crashing a lot, I'm convinced it's a memory problem.... I've done a Windows memory diagnostic check and says it has hardware faults.
I've looked at possibly changing the ram in it only to find i think somewhere the memory is probability soldered on somewhere.... However there expansion slots for 2 more sticks!
Do you think if i add 2 more sticks it will solve my crashing problem.? Or will it keep on crashing?

Associate
I had a MSI GT60 4K laptop, about the same era - It was never quite the same after I spilt multiple pints of beer / liquid on it and despite many attempts to repair it by replacing pretty much everything I just broke it up and sold as parts, I got quite a fair amount for it but suspect the main board was damaged. It had random reboots and was driving me mad

You can try moving memory modules between slots or taking them out entirely and see does that fix the issue - or remove the GPU and run it on integrated graphics for a while and see if that was the issue. It may well be the main board

Have you removed the battery and replaced the bios battery and held down the power button to clear all the static build up?

Back
Top Bottom