MSI GT72 Boot/start up problem

Associate
Evening,

I am hoping someone might be able to give me a quick answer? I have an MSI GT72 6QE laptop. I have had this for 11 months, so is still under warranty. For the last 3 days or so I have had an issue on boot.

When I turn the laptop on most of the time I get the MSI splash screen then the screen goes black, so it looks like it is going into Windows, but just hangs there. No keyboard or anything. Other times I get some vertical coloured lines after the splash screen and then it hangs.

I can get around the problem by powering the laptop off with the power button. I then unplug the power lead (this is a desktop replacement so 99% of time is on its power lead) and hold the power button down for 1 minute. I then plug the power lead back in, boot it up again and it works fine. I have had a few crashes in various games recently, but have put these down to the games (FM17) rather than a problem with the laptop, but it may be connected?

I thought initially it was a software problem as it started when windows did an update. I re-installed windows through recovery on the laptop but it has made no difference.

I have contacted MSI through email, but had no reply yet, so any advice on here would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
If you have re-installed Windows then it looks like a hardware issue. There's an MSI rep on this forum. Have you changed anything in the bios or updated it?

Back
Top Bottom