MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi ATX

Associate
Hi,

Was just putting my pc parts through a site to check compatibility and a strange thing popped up.

" The MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair RMx White 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it. "

Im running the R7 5800x, 32gb 3600 ram, and hopefully a 3070/3080 gpu.

Do i need to be concerned about this cable? If so, could someone recomend a white 750 watt psu that will fit.

Many thanks as allways
B.

Soldato
Not needed, I have the same motherboard with a 3900X, and only have the main 4+4 pin connected (I left my extra PSU cables at another place so couldn't hook it up). Had no issues with my system at all.

Caporegime
Fantastic, thanks for the info. Another question does this run with the Ryzen 7 5800x out of the box, or will i need to flash the bios?
Officially you'll need to flash the BIOS, but tbh the 5000 chips have been out for a while now so most boards, unless sitting on a shelf for months, should have a compatible BIOS. It's easy to flash though and can be done without a CPU.

Associate
Hi Guys,

Would you be able to advise, please?
My bios version is 7C84v13, will I need to flash the bios to run it with the Ryzen7 5800X?

Many Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Would you be able to advise, please?
My bios version is 7C84v13, will I need to flash the bios to run it with the Ryzen7 5800X?

Many Thanks in advance.
That's a really old bios from September last year so you're definetly best updating before trying to run the 5800X which was released last November.

Associate
That's a really old bios from September last year so you're definetly best updating before trying to run the 5800X which was released last November.

Thanks mate. Will I need to that with or without the processor...? I'm still waiting to buy a Graphic Card though.

Soldato
Thanks mate. Will I need to that with or without the processor...? I'm still waiting to buy a Graphic Card though.
You can update the bios using the flashback feature so you don't need a CPU installed, all you need is the board connected to a psu.

Back
Top Bottom