MSI onboard audio not working

Associate
I've just got a B450-A Pro and gone to plug my headset in the front of my case to find my audio and mic don't work. Okay I thought I've obviously plugged it in wrong. Tried the back and still nothing. Unistalled drivers and reinstalled - nothing.

I've gone into bios and board explorer and the ports are not showing anything in them despite there being a mic and headphone jack. Also tried the front but doesn't actually tell me if anything is in from the board explorer, only that the front audio pins have something connected.

Does this mean my audio chipset is wrecked and I need to RMA? Would something broken cause both the rear and front to not work? I've double checked the front and theres only really one way to plug in the front audio, it isn't single pins its a full one piece connection so I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong in that department.

Soldato
I've just got a B450-A Pro and gone to plug my headset in the front of my case to find my audio and mic don't work. Okay I thought I've obviously plugged it in wrong. Tried the back and still nothing. Unistalled drivers and reinstalled - nothing.

I've gone into bios and board explorer and the ports are not showing anything in them despite there being a mic and headphone jack. Also tried the front but doesn't actually tell me if anything is in from the board explorer, only that the front audio pins have something connected.

Does this mean my audio chipset is wrecked and I need to RMA? Would something broken cause both the rear and front to not work? I've double checked the front and theres only really one way to plug in the front audio, it isn't single pins its a full one piece connection so I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong in that department.

Try this: unplug the front panel audio connector out of the header on the motherboard, leave it out, reboot the computer, and see if the back ones work then.

Back
Top Bottom