• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI R9 290X OC Temps

Associate
Hi, ive just bought the above gfx card and tested it out a little and whilst benching with UNiGiNE VALLEY, FireStrike, 3D Mark 11 and Vantage and the temps are hitting 90.c sometimes 95.c and makes it throttle. What should the average temps be for this card?

Ive also taken off the heat sink and cleaned the tim that was used from the factory and applied some IC Diamond 24 carrat thermal compound insted but that only seems to have lowered the temps a few .c is this normal?

Caporegime
Got mine overclocked to 1080 on the core, default fan profile, only see around 85/86 while gaming.

90/95 would be normal for the reference cards, but not a custom cooled card like these.

Last edited:
Soldato
have you got a custom fan profile setup in afterburner? My card is reference and highest that has gone at 65% fan speed is 81 degrees

Also have a look inside the case and make sure both the fans are actually spinning , those msi cards are bad for that happened to me twice, just one fan stopped :(

Back
Top Bottom