• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI RX 6700 XT MECH 2X

Associate
I have seen this card on a social media site up for sale at £320, I have ofcourse sent a message and I supposedly picking it up tomorrow after work.
However I have seen some reviews and it all a mixed bag of yes good quiet card to too noisy and distracting. Anyone got first hand experience?

Thanks

Soldato
I've got one. I'd say it's very quiet until you start overclocking. I've read It's mainly because this card has a slightly lower power limit to keep it quiet. I think it was 196w. Saying that If you do intend on overclocking it you'll notice it has the power slider locked at 0%. You have to use morepowertool to get it to go higher. I've got mine overclocked to 240w and its still tolerable noise levels for me but obviously not like it was at stock as the fans do kick in at high speed from time to time.

Associate
The AMD software is fairly good at helping you adjust the fan settings to reduce noise on the gpu. Have a play around with it when you get the card.

Associate
OP
I didn't end up getting the RX6700XT, the guy didn't get back to me. So I found an RTX 3070 for £330 albeit mined on for 6 months so fingers crossed all is fine.

Back
Top Bottom