MSI warranties

Associate
Hi,

I don't know how long this policy had been in place, but MSI currently require you to deal with your place of purchase to handle for example motherboard warranty.
Anyone has any experience with gifts or 2nd hand purchase where you don't know where the original item was obtained? Or is it simply the case that you're stuck without warranty at that point?

Cheers

Hi,

I don't know how long this policy had been in place, but MSI currently require you to deal with your place of purchase to handle for example motherboard warranty.
Anyone has any experience with gifts or 2nd hand purchase where you don't know where the original item was obtained? Or is it simply the case that you're stuck without warranty at that point?

Cheers
If buying 2nd hand or receiving gifts you should always try and get the purchase receipt as without you will have little chance of a warranty being honoured.

Last edited:
Usually warranty isn't transferrable, i doubt MSI will honour it, always worth a shot though, i heard sometimes they just read off serial number but lately companies have been getting more strict.

As long as you have the original purchase receipt then you should be ok. Without it you could be out of luck. Many companies nowadays require you to have both proof of original purchase and serial number.

Back
Top Bottom