MT10 TE

Soldato
Soldato
17 litres is fine for a touring bike of this class!

If you want safari tank range and the comfort to match buy a PROPER touring machine. The TE, and other bikes in it's class, fill a gap in the market between "I want fun on ALL the roads" and "Where did I put the keys for my sofa on wheels, oh...turn the radio up and heated seats up"

It's a sports-tourer which you can throw luggage and other touring bits on easily and remove when you get back home. It's a compromise in both the sports and touring world - But it serves a purpose in a one-bike package.

Soldato
Exactly, it actually works pretty well. A tiny % of the market wants or needs proper touring machine, capable of 300 mile range and super comfort (although they might think they'd like to buy this sort of capability ;) )

On paper, my XR is a s*** tourer. It'll do 220 miles on a tank, tops. Do I want to spend more than 3 hours on it, accumulating those 220 miles? No way! 3 hours at a push - based on experience I'd rather do no more than 2 hours and then have a stretch and a cup of tea. A GS will probably let me do close to 4 hours and 300+ miles in the saddle. That's great, but do I want to actually do that? No!

Man of Honour
17 litres is fine for a touring bike of this class!

If you want safari tank range and the comfort to match buy a PROPER touring machine. The TE, and other bikes in it's class, fill a gap in the market between "I want fun on ALL the roads" and "Where did I put the keys for my sofa on wheels, oh...turn the radio up and heated seats up"

It's a sports-tourer which you can throw luggage and other touring bits on easily and remove when you get back home. It's a compromise in both the sports and touring world - But it serves a purpose in a one-bike package.

I really like the bike but there's no excusing the tank range.

Soldato
My VFR will just about hit 150 miles on a tank, at a push.

If I get a bit liberal with the throttle, you are crossing your fingers around the 90 mile mark.

For any kind of "touring" it's just about on the lower end of acceptable.

Soldato
I'm guessing the tank range is 120-140 miles? That's a bit poor for touring tbh, if you're bashing out the miles on the French autoroute that's a stop every 2 hours.

180+ miles is more like a decent touring range.

Associate
A GS will probably let me do close to 4 hours and 300+ miles in the saddle. That's great, but do I want to actually do that? No!

Totally agree I have the GS Adventure with a 33Ltr tank gives roughly 350mile +/- range depending on load and how you ride etc, but I limit myself to 2-2.5hrs at a time then stop, have a stretch and a drink/food, riding and especially touring is supposed to be fun not an endless grind of hundreds of miles/hours at a time where you don't stop and enjoy whats around you.

At least as far as I am concerned anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom