Mufasa: The Lion King

Caporegime
There's only one Mufasa.

friday-day-mufasa.gif

Caporegime
Didn't even know this was coming out. Mixed feelings. Music and live action/CGI looks great.
Don't know if we really need a story which will inevitably be mufasa and scar were friends then become enemies in time for the real Lion King movie. It sounds like the premise for Transformers One, which I also have misgivings about.

Why can't we just leave the villain to be the villain anymore without a spinoff showing us their tortured past that led to their villainous ways!

rp2000

Man of Honour
Nah, the CGI remake of Lion King was awful, you lost all emotion in a lot of scenes because they can't give the lions the facial expressions that you had in the cartoon. So it just felt rubbish. This one will be the same

Soldato
Yep. Love The Lion King, we have it on the tv every few weeks for the little one. Hated the remake watched it once in the cinema then never watched it again.

Same as The Jungle Book, which is probably my favourite Disney cartoon growing up. the Live Action one sucked.

Soldato
Why can't we just leave the villain to be the villain anymore without a spinoff showing us their tortured past that led to their villainous ways!

It's the constant recent attempt to reframe all of Disney's "Villains" as poor, misunderstood people who weren't really all that bad.............I mean was all the evil they did reaaaaaalllllllllly all that bad if they had a rough life experience to blame it all on?????

The important question is "why" does Disney now feel the need to do this, and whatever the real reason turns out to be, I don't think it'll never be something publicly acknowledged and instead it's be some platitude of "everyone needs a second chance " or some other rubbish. People need Good vs Evil stories to show kids, leave the "Everything's just various shades of grey" stuff until they're adults.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom