Multiplay i47

Soldato
Hasn't internet speeds and how developed online gaming currently is pretty much made LANs redundant?

Not at all, its far more of a social event for me than it is a gaming event, meet rather a lot of mates there each event, that i perhaps wouldnt see as much otherwise, always a great laugh!

il be there yet again, this time as a spectator though, working both friday and monday, and they wouldnt let me have it off. GUTTED. specially since im near completing my build so id have a new computer =(

Soldato
Not at all, its far more of a social event for me than it is a gaming event, meet rather a lot of mates there each event, that i perhaps wouldnt see as much otherwise, always a great laugh!

il be there yet again, this time as a spectator though, working both friday and monday, and they wouldnt let me have it off. GUTTED. specially since im near completing my build so id have a new computer =(

Totally!

Things like the Pub quiz and nightly trips to Weatherspoons with the clan is truly epic!!

Associate
Totally!

Things like the Pub quiz and nightly trips to Weatherspoons with the clan is truly epic!!

Hear hear,

i46 was beast. My fist ever LAN. Wasn't sure about it beforehand, but was excited by the prospect of meeting the people I've been gaming with in person. Putting a face to the names. I have to say it was just brilliant, I had such a laugh. There is so much going on with tourneys to watch, exhibitions to wow and friends to share a beer or ten with!

I will be at i48. I don't care that I'm getting married a month later, I'll find the funds somehow.

Associate
i19 was epic - My first lan. Was at Newbury racecourse. Being drunk as a skunk running along the grandstands shouting various CS terms with 3 or 4 others was great fun :D

As was when 1 of our group decided at 4am to **** off all the serious CS players who were still practising, by striping naked, and running around the 2nd floor shouting at the top of his lungs :D Priceless :p

Associate
I haven't been to an I-series since i23 i think, are they still held in Newbury? Have they changed much? Unfortunately the amount of drunken idiots in/around the sleeping areas put us off and we never attended again.

Associate
I haven't been to an I-series since i23 i think, are they still held in Newbury? Have they changed much? Unfortunately the amount of drunken idiots in/around the sleeping areas put us off and we never attended again.

No they have another location now. I can't say where though, as the MP website is blocked on our works network :( But check it out, has all the infos :)

Soldato
OP

It is a lot more bigger now, although the winter lan usually only attracts about 800-1000 people, the summer event usually passes the 2000+ mark.

As for sleeping areas, they have on site hotels here which between 4 of you work out cheap so no need to worry about the camping noise anymore.

As for the event itself, there is a lot more going on now with seperate stages for the tournaments, seperate rooms for exhibitions ect.

Back
Top Bottom