Multiplayer team games

Associate
Any recommendations for some online multiplayer casual team play games? I just started playing left 4 dead 2 again after a long time and really enjoying it, its a shame there isn't many levels but i like the more casual laid back team game play compared to the super competitiveness you get in games like COD. i'm not specifically looking at FPS games only just any games in general that are fun to play at a team where people don't take things too seriously.

Soldato
Depends how many players you are after but I think Portal 2 is fantastic and a great 2 player co-op experience. Sea of Thieves, although not exactly content rich, with 4 people on one ship manning the sales and cannons etc you may enjoy, plus its available on Gamepass which if you haven't had it before is £1 for the first month so well worth the effort to sign up.

Associate
What do you mean specifically by super competitiveness that you get in games like COD? My experience of COD has always been that its a completely casual shooter in terms of the gameplay, but do you mean in terms of the toxicity/attitudes of players? In my experience that's at least as much an audience demographic thing as it is the game mode itself.

Will you be playing solo, or with friends? I found Warframe very fun as a super relaxed co-op shooter. Also Quake Champions might be a surprising choice but I found that because of the niche appeal of Quake and small community that its friendly and chill, especially the Clan Arena mode. And at low skill ratings i believe it autofills with bots and the AI is really not bad at all, can be a lot of fun for just casual bot games too I do this to warm up often or if I'm on a long phone call.

Valorant is launching soon and when it does it will be super casual because all the new players won't have a clue what to do while learning the game, so playing on the launch of the game and letting the matchmaker/ranked mode take you to the correct level will probably end up being really casual, and the gameplay is well suited for that I think.

Associate
To be honest I think the only genuine insulation against toxicity is to find a good gaming community on discord and play teamplay with people from there, especially the 18+ or 21+ age requirement ones, easily find people who are just looking for chilled fun gaming, and genuine effort to teamplay, but not high stakes or pressured.

Associate
If your main issue with l4d2 is there isnt many levels, download some community made ones.

Vermintide 2 is also good. Left 4 dead but with rats.

Soldato
Dead by daylight. It's slowly becoming one of my favourite games even if the community is a little odd. You can take it as seriously as you want to. Very simple on the surface but difficult to master is probably fair.

Back
Top Bottom