Multiple access points recommendation?

Associate
Hi All

I am looking at getting several access points to give coverage across our building (warehouse + offices). I want ones that play well together and all that.

I looked at the Cisco AP 541N that has some nice clustering features but have also seen bad reviews of bugs and poor coverage.

Any recommendations please? :)

Thanks
Shell

Associate
Depends what you need. For that budget you can pretty much take your pick of stand alone APs. For a basic setup that's all you need, most at the higher end of that budget will support RADIUS for centralized security etc. You'd only really want the "clustering" features which essentially these days replace the traditional WLAN controller if you want to maintain sessions while roaming. Which you only really need for streaming/audio traffic.

Associate
OP
Starting to think I just need to look at stand alone APs now as you say.

So, what would recommend as rock solid and with good signal range/quality?

I was looking at dual band vs single band and starting to wonder if that's worth it either. Devices using it will mostly support 2.4Ghz+5Ghz. It's not like I gain distance with 5Ghz though. Just quality if struggling with congestion, which I don't think is overly a problem here with what we're replacing. It's the distance it needs to cover.

Back
Top Bottom