• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

multiple TV cards

Soldato
is it possible to have multiple TV cards in a pc at the same time? The reason im asking this is because i was wondering if it was possible to have a myth tv server with 2 tv cards, 1 card connected to cable box (this only recieving whatever channel the cable box is set on), and a second tv card connected to an aerial for freeview channels.

so using 2 tv cards, could i set the cable box to sky one and have that recording, and using the 2nd tv card (overclockers sell a tv card that can do 2 channels at once) record bbc1 or something, while watching bb2. Would this work? or would it be too much work for the HDD (would use a raid 5 array if i ever did this though), or just not work alltogether with 2 tv cards?

Soldato
Shouldn't be a problem, although - as you point out - the HDD/rest of the system will need to be up for the task too.......there are many people running 3 or more tuner in MCE, try searching MCE forums too as these places can often be a mine of information on multiple tuners :)

I run a Terratec DT2400i (PCI-e) dual tuner card in my MCE system, and am thinking of adding a second card to give me an analogue input for NTL etc.......

Back
Top Bottom