Multiple viewing from one PC

Associate
Hello,

When playing a VR game is it possible for other people in the room to see what the user is experiencing on the monitor at the same time?

This way a VR game will be experienced by others but obviously in 2D.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

James

Associate
From my experience it depends on the game. Many display the two images from the headset on the monitor, a few one and some just a blank screen. Personally I don't like watching other people in VR this way as, like with TrackIR, the image is constantly moving around. To the player it's fine, as they're driving the movement, but I hate watching it.

Soldato
Hello,
When playing a VR game is it possible for other people in the room to see what the user is experiencing on the monitor at the same time?

Yep, most games support a desktop window showing the players view on PC, and on Oculus Quest you can cast the player's view onto a phone, chromecast or compatible TV, via the Oculus App.

Associate
Yep, most games support a desktop window showing the players view on PC, and on Oculus Quest you can cast the player's view onto a phone, chromecast or compatible TV, via the Oculus App.
For the quest not all TVs support this unfortunately, my lg isnt recognised by the quest or app as castable and don't really want to get a Chromecast just for this. But yeah pc is pretty much always good for it

Back
Top Bottom