Music PC £1249

Associate
OP
Cheers all,

My pal mention to me that he runs reason as a rewire into Ableton live so he has the best of midi, drum machines, synths etc all running through Ableton as the DAW and then he can mic a guitar amp & vocals. He wants a machine that can cope with whatever he throws at it, so if he decide to run the guitar through virtual instruments, (major processor power and speed required) he wans the processor and Ram to be in excess of the requirement.

He has also mentioned to me that he uses a portastudio usb, will a DAC/Souncard be required or will onboard audio suffice?

What would be the best possible spec for his price range?

Thanks again

Soldato
Cheers all,

My pal mention to me that he runs reason as a rewire into Ableton live so he has the best of midi, drum machines, synths etc all running through Ableton as the DAW and then he can mic a guitar amp & vocals. He wants a machine that can cope with whatever he throws at it, so if he decide to run the guitar through virtual instruments, (major processor power and speed required) he wans the processor and Ram to be in excess of the requirement.

He has also mentioned to me that he uses a portastudio usb, will a DAC/Souncard be required or will onboard audio suffice?

What would be the best possible spec for his price range?

Thanks again

Either the Aorus H370 + i7 8700 + 16GB or ram or flagship Aorus X470 7 + ryzen 2700+ 16GB of ram , which happens to have the best On board sound of any board.

Sound cards are slightly better (most recent one ) but cost a bit and more of the tech are implemented into Mobo anyway as they make more money via being an OEM to them .

Used older ryzen 1800x as it's £60 cheaper, clocks the same as ryzen 2700 and has 16 threads so will handles your friends needs.
Flagship x470 board with best on sound including wima caps and saber DAC .
Silent case, PSU and Cooler.
1TB SSD with 1TB HDD for storage
Basic GPU for display

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,145.10 (includes shipping: £13.20)

OCUK can even build for £50-80 extra on top including their system warranty
mobile-minimized.png

Associate
OP
Either the Aorus H370 + i7 8700 + 16GB or ram or flagship Aorus X470 7 + ryzen 2700+ 16GB of ram , which happens to have the best On board sound of any board.

Sound cards are slightly better (most recent one ) but cost a bit and more of the tech are implemented into Mobo anyway as they make more money via being an OEM to them .

Used older ryzen 1800x as it's £60 cheaper, clocks the same as ryzen 2700 and has 16 threads so will handles your friends needs.
Flagship x470 board with best on sound including wima caps and saber DAC .
Silent case, PSU and Cooler.
1TB SSD with 1TB HDD for storage
Basic GPU for display

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,145.10 (includes shipping: £13.20)

OCUK can even build for £50-80 extra on top including their system warranty
mobile-minimized.png

Thank you for taking the time to spec a rig, I'll pass this on to him.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom