Must play games....

Associate
Hey guys,

New system is on its way and having been confined to an xbox for 3 years...just wondering what games you would rate.

I only play online FPS games and have BF for that. So pretty much curious about any decent RTS and RPG games out or on their way.

Thanks to the high-res screenshot thread The Witcher 2 is already on the list, and probably the latest Total War.

Soldato
If you are just moving from X-box to PC, you want something to really show it off.

I would say the Crysis games(obviously) and the Stalker games would be top of my list. Plus get on team Fortress 2, it's mad!

And in terms of rts/strategy:

Company of Heroes - Amazing RTS with a steep learning curve, and great online
Starcraft 2 - Incredibly competitive, can put people off.
Civ IV/V - Incredibly deep sims
Supreme Commander 2

Then get into Mincraft or terreria and you will forget the X-box even existed

Oh and definitely play the first Witcher, it's a great game and much better than 2 imo

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks to the high-res screenshot thread The Witcher 2 is already on the list, and probably the latest Total War.

You already have two of the best on your list :)

Skyrim will be one to watch too (not out yet).

Oh and definitely play the first Witcher, it's a great game and much better than 2 imo

I would disagree, I wouldn't say it is better, just different.

Associate
Company of Heroes games come very recommended, and lord of the rings online, while not a rpg in the traditional sense is a very different experience coming from console gaming, and has an amazing story.

Associate
Company Of Heroes gets another vote as RTS, as does Supreme commander tho they are very different games. Dawn of War was pretty decent too.

Crysis is well worth playing. Also i'd try Bioshock. Any Call of Duty game you enjoyed on Xbox would be better on pc :p

For something completely un-consoley i'd suggest something like X3, though it's not everyones cup of tea.

Oh. And Diablo. Always Diablo. Lots of Diablo. Defininitely Diablo.

Associate
OP
Should have mentioned before those 3 years of console torture, I spent a lot of time on CoH and DoW...so that'll definitely be coming back out! :p Was only after last PC died that I picked up the Xbox. Will have to take a look at Supreme Commander, couldn't play the demo on my old system so worth another shot.

As for the batman deal, had it on the xbox and loved it. But for that price it's a steal so will be good to pick that up again.

Will probably end up glued to Total War, managed to pickup the Empire/Napoleon bundle with full DLC in the big steam sale not long ago. Loving the Shogun screenies though!

Will have to stay away from LOTR:O, WoW took me in a few years ago...never again ha ;)

Definitely looking forward to Skyrim and BF3, are there any others to look out for on the horizon?

Caporegime
People mentioning CoH: are you talking SP, MP or offline skirmishes?

all 3 are great.

one thing i like doing is taking british on montargis region (sp?0 and moving my base to that walled sort of ammo/feel supply place on the far right of the map and trying to hold it against the ai :p

Soldato
Cool, I'll have to dig it out. I bought it in a Steam sale aaaages ago and only really played the skirmishes. I can smell the SP beckoning at least! I like the games where you set up a perimeter and try to hold it against waves of enemy, too. I'm a bit of a turtle when it comes to RTS games :D None of this rushing nonesense!

Back
Top Bottom