Mutt Motorcylces

Associate
http://muttmotorcycles.com/

Anybody had experience with these?

Looking to get a 125cc for a weekend ride/short commute.

Im aware that these are HMC Classics with a few added extras, Really like the look of them, im a sucker for that sort of thing!

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

Caporegime
They look smart. The website is quite useless though, I can't find very much information on there at all.

What kind of commute are we talking? I doubt a 10HP 125 with a top speed of 65 would be much fun for commuting on.

Last edited:

One

One

Soldato
I dont see why you would want something that is new but looks old?

I have a 76 Bonneville. It's old and looks awesome. It's a lot of maintenance work though. The new retro is the best of both worlds. Awesome old styling but with modern reliability.

The maintenance for me is part of the fun though and creates a stronger bond between man and bike. I wouldn't want to bond with a 125 personally though :p

Caporegime
Awww, poor little 125s! Mine's doing me really well on a 13 mile (each way) commute along rural B roads. Love it, and the 60mph it realistically tops out at is plenty really. Granted the acceleration isn't great...

Caporegime
0-35 is OK, about 5 seconds, then it tails off...rapidly. 0-60 is 19.2 seconds :D. But then it's intended primarily for town driving, where it excels. I beat most things away from the lights, which is a good thing since I find myself in some pretty funky positions when filtering sometimes :o.

Soldato
I love this little bike, it looks fantastic :cool::cool::cool: If you looked like Steve McQueen it would be perfect :D

I couldn't find a price on the website, so I'm assuming they won't be cheap?

Associate
OP
I love this little bike, it looks fantastic :cool::cool::cool: If you looked like Steve McQueen it would be perfect :D

I couldn't find a price on the website, so I'm assuming they won't be cheap?

£2900 but if you have ideas and fancy changing the bars out, custom paint etc they can cater for it at a cost.

Soldato
I doubt a 10HP 125 with a top speed of 65 would be much fun for commuting on.
12HP on a 144kg bike was still plenty for me to go hooning around the toon and outride many other bikers on larger bikes. Nippy little things, these 125s... Mine took me all the way to Cornwall and back quite happily.

They look a damn sight better than any modern 125 I've seen, they have character.
^^ This!!!

The new retro is the best of both worlds. Awesome old styling but with modern reliability.

^^ This too. The Suzuki VanVan made a comeback (and looks a little like this one in fact) - A friend of mine rides one and two blog riders recently went round the whole of Europe on theirs.

£3k is pretty sound for a brand new 125, I think. Most average £1500-2000 second hand.
Even more of a smart choice, if you're planning to keep it even after you get a full licence. This bike looks great. I think you should go for it!!

Associate
I brought a brand new mutt and they leak fuel if you fill it up. I mean literally pour fuel all over the engine, over the air cylinder.. I had a 250 but hear the 125s have the same design fault..

Anyone else experienced a pool of petrol by your feet because you put more than hall a tank in..?

Last edited:
Suspended
I brought a brand new mutt and they leak fuel if you fill it up. I mean literally pour fuel all over the engine, over the air cylinder.. Very dangerous, terribly made. I would avoid mutt motorcycles at all costs. I had a 250 but hear the 125s have the same design fault..

Anyone else experienced a pool of petrol by your feet because you put more than hall a tank in..?

Bought. You bought a mutt.

I can't find any other complaints about it and the guys over on Bikechat have explained the leaning issue. I've got a funny feeling this is a user error, you sure you're not overfilling it?

Suspended
Very decent of you to attack someone's spelling. You must be a lovely person..

Rubbish bike. No other bikes pour petrol over a hot engine. Diddums probably works for mutt or is invested somehow. Either way clearly not a very nice person and also somewhat challenged intellectually even if they can spell

A) I don't work for or care about Mutt.

B) It's grammar, not spelling. Brought is a proper word, you're just using it wrong.

C) Why is it a "crap bike" because yours has a problem? Does that mean if someone's car breaks down that they're all crap?

D) You say Mutt don't want to know. I find this hard to believe although truth be told if I were dealing with someone with your attitude I'd probably also lose interest.

E) You didn't answer the question: are you sure you're not overfilling it?

This whole post screams Mutt didn't tell me what I want to hear so I'm gonna moan on the internet about it.

Even the guys on Bikechat are pointing out that it's more than likely a user error. I suggest you take their advice and get on with life.

Associate
I've had it confirmed from multiple MOT centers that its an MOT failure, I'm complaining about a bike that is sold as an MOT failure. I think its fairly reasonable to be upset about this and wanted to let people know of the problem.

Mutt responded to say its not a fault with the bike and might seem dangerous but its not.

Suspended
Ok, let me be helpful instead. Answer these:

Did you buy the bike new or used?
How many miles has it done?
In your post you say you "had" a 250 but heard the 125s have the same problem, so which do you have, if any?
Can you post up some photos of it, showing where it leaks?

Let's get all the info right before slandering a whole brand. This can't be *that* hard to solve.

Back
Top Bottom