MX-5 dual Exhaust

Soldato
Freefaller said:
I'm with privilege, but I'm over 25, 9 years no claims, IAM and I'm good at haggling, my postcode is pretty good too ;)

Like how you didn't say your exact age. :p

But yes I do wish I could get quotes like you on a turbo 1.8 MX5. :(

Associate
OP
It's a Mk1 with pop up lights. :) Is there anyway to quiet it down? It really is loud. :eek: I have a K&N induction kit fitted, but dont really want to go back to the stock filter.

Man of Honour
Yan816 said:
It's a Mk1 with pop up lights. :) Is there anyway to quiet it down? It really is loud. :eek: I have a K&N induction kit fitted, but dont really want to go back to the stock filter.

If it's that loud it sounds as though it might have been a turbo exhaust you went for? The dual N/A exhaust should be nice a snorty but not excessively loud. Can you take a video clip of it?

Soldato
saitrix said:
Thats a Mk2 then. :) It swapped over around 95 from the Mk1 to the Mk2. You don't have popup headlights do you? Thats the easiest way to tell. :p

wtf? THe mk2 came in 98, the last of the mk1s is 1997, possibly a few on 98 I'm not sure. :)

Soldato
see if the zorst is blowing. may not have been fitted properly

my golf's zorst was hanging badly when i got it, i got some new hangers, re hung it, but the new angle made it blow. i liked the blow tho, so have kept it.

makes it sound faster, which is all that matters lol

Man of Honour
Soldato
I have to say from the few miles I saw of Mark coming back from Silverstone and also the video he made driving on some A roads near Macclesfield and Congleton, they do look a hoot to drive. They seem perfectly balanced, must be rewarding to drive.

I prefer the looks of a twin exit on an MX5 but I guess you pay for it with the weight increases.

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Since we're chatting 5s - Freefaller, have you ever gone into what turbo you used for your car?

Though the kit that Will usedis no longer available. The company (Flyinmiata) are designing new ones which apparently will be even better. :D

Soldato
Firestar_3x said:
Hehe, you comming to the next Silverstone bash Andy, not sure if you're away or not?

Oh and for the record, even at legal speeds taking any corner makes you smile :)

I'm really not sure about Silverstone. I might be doing a few weeks of voluntary work yet...CV and character building really.

Back
Top Bottom