• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My 45nm Intel CPU Vcore Test

Permabanned
Right started this nearly 6 weeks ago in another forum I use, basically I bought a cheap and cheerful Pentium Dual Core E6300.

This is one of the 'Next Generation' Pentium Dual Cores that are based on the 45nm 'Wolfdale' Core.

Basically The second I got the chip into my motherboard it was run at 1.64Vcore and overclocked to the max ( Only 4.1Ghz, Looked the batch number up and it's a terrible batch :( )

The my idea was to get it fully Linx stable and monitor how it goes and keep an eye on it's stability, then after 2 weeks I would run 30 runs of Linx again to see if it still passes. Obviously if it failed Linx then the Vcore had affected the chip and Vcore really does effect these 45nm chips.

But anyway, she's been running 1.64Vcore now for 6+Weeks and I've not had a single BSOD, System crash or any signs of instability and she can still run Linx all day every day with no problems..

There is quite a lot of information in the original thread to cramp into this thread so if anyone want's to have a look and get mroe information have a look

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/552895-experiment-45nm-cpu-vcore-testing-update.html

:D

Soldato
Yup people on "that other forum" are so paranoid. Several months back I was arguing with loads of people saying that 1.4V would kill a Wolfdale in a matter of days because "it says 1.36V on the intel spec sheet".

Idiots tbh.

Permabanned
OP
Yup people on "that other forum" are so paranoid. Several months back I was arguing with loads of people saying that 1.4V would kill a Wolfdale in a matter of days because "it says 1.36V on the intel spec sheet".

Idiots tbh.

They aren't idiots, they just don't know the truth. Not many people know that the max safe is actually 1.45v

There is some stupidly cleaver and talented people over there, that's why the forum has as many members as it does.

I've also seen loads of people on here touting the 1.36v figure as the max rated.

And there's a lot more idiots in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom