My best find EVER! Boost game performance by 80-90%!

Associate
How can I get rid of the stuttering in Half Life 2? I've tried the fix using cacheman but it hasn't worked. Any ideas please.

Associate
yes using I'm using the 81.82 beta drivers. Runs great with everything set to highest possible.I'm getting really high FPS but I get this jolt then the frame rate drops to say about 40 from 80 for a second and everything pauses. It happens most of the time when I'm just walking and around and not much action is happening.Then it goes back to normal with FPS over 100. I did a search on google and it seems it's a common problem but I couldn't find a solution.

Soldato
OP
sam garland said:
yes using I'm using the 81.82 beta drivers. Runs great with everything set to highest possible.I'm getting really high FPS but I get this jolt then the frame rate drops to say about 40 from 80 for a second and everything pauses. It happens most of the time when I'm just walking and around and not much action is happening.Then it goes back to normal with FPS over 100. I did a search on google and it seems it's a common problem but I couldn't find a solution.

I think its a problem with the audigy 2. Have you got the latest drivers for the motherboard and sound card?

Soldato
1GB here, tryed BF2 on a higher res and didnt really make a difference, and it makes WoW lag every 5 mins or so, and textures go funny, uninstalled.

Associate
speeduk said:
I think its a problem with the audigy 2. Have you got the latest drivers for the motherboard and sound card?

Hi,

Yes, I installed the latest drivers for my motherboard last week. I'm using the new beta drivers for the soundcard.

I've also got that stuttering issue at the beginning of a level on BF2, which I read was caused by the soundcard. I applied the patch which someone on here said to do and that solved it a little bit.

When installing motherboard and soundcard drivers should I uninstall the ones before or just install over?

Because I unistalled and then installed the newer version.

Soldato
sam garland said:
How can I get rid of the stuttering in Half Life 2? I've tried the fix using cacheman but it hasn't worked. Any ideas please.

If you read around the web you will see this is a common problem with HL2. There is no definate cure for it.....trust me I tried. I did improve it though by sheer experimenting.

Soldato
This problem is random and a pc spec like yours **** run hl2 asleep

http://www.blep.net/hl2stutter/

I dont have an amazingly good spec but i still get 30-120 fps through hl2 - however i get the stutter problem and its unfixable - just to let you know i use a Abit nf7S mobo - the nvidia soundstorm so it isnt a audigy 2 problem its a software problem in half life 2 unrelated to whatever hardware you have

Associate
sam garland said:

I seem to remember there was a way of turning of the autosave which causes much of the stuttering on hl2, might be worth a go.

Associate
Ahh this is a very interesting thread for me cause as of late ive been getting really irritated with pauses and stutters on various games and yup my system i would like to think is pretty well looked after each week with a fair few memory tweaks applied that are mentioned at the top of this post although from "personal" experience i would never(it is probably cause im an ati user) NEVER enable largesystemcache which can be done as you know in windows or through regedit, cause ages ago i enabled this twice and each time it trashed my hard drive with the "delay write failed" message of doom and had to re-format on each occasion.

Ive been trying to narrow down why say in the fear sp demo when i come out of the car at the start of the demo..walk forward abit then as soon as i turn right get a horrid pause before it turns..why this happens with a setup like mine and it does it on and off on half life 2(although recent steam updates have done allsorts with various users machines) and have been trying hard to find the cause of this problem.

I dont mind fps drops in games that u arent quite say happy with considering your own system specs but one thing that really spoils a lot of my newer games is annoying odd split pauses and stutters.

Ive been through all sorts of routeins this last week or two(being off work with a bad back giving me time to do this on and off.. :( ..) with checking drivers across my system,defragging tweaking not too much etc but to no avail yet but theres one or two other memory tweaks i may try as with stutters and pauses maybe memory realted etc with settings perhaps.

Oh and as for the autosave disabling, on various tweakguies they say the way to do that is to mark all four of the autosave files in your SAVE folder in half life 2 to read-only..but in actuall fact all this does is stops it saving but dosent stop it "attempting" to save which still gives you the pause when it tries to autosave..ive been through messing about with this and countless other things time and time again as far as half life 2 goes :(

Last edited:
Associate
Ashman UK said:
Ive been trying to narrow down why say in the fear sp demo when i come out of the car at the start of the demo..walk forward abit then as soon as i turn right get a horrid pause before it turns..
(

I get that as well mate but very slightly and not everytime I play it.

Back
Top Bottom