My BF2 TIPS/Advanced Tactics Guide

Associate
Ok, hey guys just thought id quickly say that overclockers rules and i love the forums.

Im sorry that this is quite long but i feel there are a lot of things that people (Not just in BF2) need to learn to be a better player.

omg i cant beleive i almost didnt add this, just incase your all wondering about all the bull that goes on in this game. Im getting that all the time, the guns are so random its silly, So when your sitting there playing going "OMFG THATS BULL****!" "I JUST SHOT THAT GUY LIKE 30 TIMES (no kill)" Its happening to everyone..

EDIT: The only thing i can say to help with this is to join a server thats in your country, NEVER play with a ping over 100, theres a site www.game-monitor.com were you can filter countries maps names etc so use that, then just copy the ip and paste it into 'connect to ip'

altho saying that i play on uk servers (ping of 10-15) and i still feel like im getting lag, it might just be my computer tho..

Right i know there are lots of guides out there (some are good) but the problem i have with most of them is they are too 'basic' for my liking, I want people to post here telling all the lower level players to USEFULL tips that you think will help a lot of people, so this guide is for people that have played bf2 before and want to improve there skills and learn some new tricks(because iv seen a lot of people moaning about getting owned etc on various forums now)

Another quick thing before i start typing up what im expecting to be quite along guide, i just wanna say that there might be some point were some people might think theres a 'im better than you' sort of attitude, but to be honest i have been playing online fps games (i mainly played rtcw/et which is a very fast paced game which involves being able to aim at people who are moving around (strafing) quickly and aiming at your head, In my 4 years of very fast paced fps's and practicing everyday to keep my aim at head height ALL the time i can carry that into this game (or anyother fps for that matter) SO after playin bf2 for about 230 hours, its a peice of cake..

ANother thing that i wana put at the start is talking about the 'power' of the guns in bf2, a quick list of guns that are a 1 shot when you headshot. The **5A1, PKM, , AK101 (Both types) M240 (In burst mode) G36E (NOT 1 bullet=kill but 1 burst) M95, L96A1 (Alto this is debatable) Im not sure about the G3 but im sure if you headshot its a one shot. I wanted to make this clear to everyone because im sure there are a lot of people out there that think this game might be annoying because you keep dieing very fast, simple answer HEADSHOTS!

Right im going to start of talking about classes as thats the first decision you have to make when you play. I mainly play medic so theres going to be a lot of tips on that class, but i also have a good idea of the rest..

**CLASS TIPS SECTION**

MEDIC: Now imo this is the most important class in the game, Not only do you get a choice of 3 very good guns (if you have unlocked the G36E from special forces) you can also revive your TEAM and heal your TEAM. The biggest problem with the medic is you dont have any armor SO anyone can 1 shot you if they headshot you (remember that because that happens to me a lot and really starts to annoy me)

REVIVING: Now when i first started playing this game i always used to prone to revive, then i realised it was sooo much faster,easier and more effective by just standing up and doing it! I mean COUNTLESS amounts of revives that i have were theres another medic whos proning to rev and i always get there first. Proning to revive is only good when your under serious gun fire and or have no health. Another thing thats really bad with prone revive is that when im standing there watching you revive, you give me SO much time to kill you both, infact i normally let you revive then kill you then the guy on the floor..
Also when you revive standing you can also keep running say over someone and rev him at the same time, think how much faster that is rather than proning next time.

G36E: Now lets get something crystal right from the start about the g36, ANYONE that says to me that 'this gun is overpowered' SERIOUSLY needs to play with this gun, because im sorry but if you dont have a good aim you wont kill anyone with this.. The main good points about this gun ARE the fact that if you aim for peoples head (like i do) then you will be able to take out people very quickly, ANother thing with this gun, if people prone infront of you (or just prone in general) it makes it much easier to hit them! (I realise this this comment can apply for most the guns but i will explain more later) Because trying to hit someone with a 3 shot burst or single shot while there moving is a lot harder! The only time that i will 'own' you with this gun is when i headshot you, because the sniper can take 3 bursts (9 shots) to armor, the support is the same and the assault is even worst, iv sometimes had to put 4-5 bursts to kill (hitting armor)

Ok now on to some tips with this gun, I hardly ever put this gun into single shot mode (I dont see the point really) as the burst WILL hit people hard away and imo your 3x more likely to hit them.. Like i said before, Always have your aim at head height, i used to do a test that involves looking at an object (or you could make a local and get your mate to join) Now put your cursor on his head, and try and strafe left and right but keep your aim on his head and stop your aim for dropping (so you dont start looking at the ground) This will greatly help you own people that have 0 reactions because your first 2 bursts are gunna always be aimed at his head. One last thing is, dont shoot too quickyly because you dont need too, just take your time and aim at there head as much as you can.

**5A1 (The pea shooter)

Now i dont really like this gun but i see a lot of people that use it, The good things about this gun is the fact that it has a Full auto (which is very good close range, Someone with an ** will normally kill me up close (unless i 1 shot him) Another amazing thing about this gun is, if you aim for there head, its a 1 shot everytime. I would say the best time to use this gun is when you know there is gunna be a lot of close quarter fighter, like at market on Jalalalalbad or Market on karkand.

Im not going to talk about the first medic gun as its the pretty much the same as the G35E but has abit more recoil, so shoot slowly or you wont hit a barn door.

Now so not to make this the longest post in history im going to leave it up to other people if they want to add anything, mainly talking about other classes because iv got a lot more helpfull things to write other than explaining the classes if know what i mean.

Right so for the part that your going to LEARN!

****Advanced Tactics Guide****

Now there are loads of things here that i think players should know so listen up (Hard to know were to start)

***OBSERVASION***

Observation is going to win the game for you btw, if you see a lot more people then your going to get a lot more kills! God its obvious isnt?

Iv start on this because i think they is a very important thing to have when your playing a fps (I cant stress this anymore, if you dont have uav DONT stand around camping, because the other team might have uav over your head and now your an easy kill) And if you dont have UAV you SHOULD be seriously looking left/right/up/down/near/far to SPOT the enemy.

Now im not going to till people what sens to have or whatevr, aslong as you can turn 180 through moving your mouse to the end of your mousemat, then its fine. Whatever you feel comfortable with, I personally have a sens of about 2 in the game i think, its low/medium.

Now would you walk across the road without looking left and right? NO, why? Because you dont want to die, well that EXACTLY the same in a fps. Why do i see people running out of an Ally and keep looking infront of them? The only to be owned by someone thats standing like 2 metres away only because they dont have any 'Observation' SO first tip, which sounds really stupid too me to write, but look EVERYWHERE! Look up on roofs, look behind cars, look for snipers, look BEHIND you (omg very important) If you see your team all looking one way, how about you cover are backs? ever think of that?

***Positioning*** (Positions if you like)

Right, this is another very important thing to always be thinking about, DONT stand around in the middle of the road when theres loads of them coming. Because 1: You are soooo open to be shot from i would say about a 280* radius 2: WHEN you die and its gunna happen, now your gunna get on average about 2-3 more people to die because the medic has to come out of his good spot to come get you, and so on. 3: If you decide that 'omg im getting owned' its going to take you too long to get back into cover.

So good positions to stand in are as follows, DONT stand in be groups of people. Infact if you see that you are 'GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE' because we ALL know how many nade spammers there are out there..

Another thing that i see so many people do and its so funny when they do it, Is say your at market (up high on the road) There are people spawning below you, so they get up on that wall and start shooting down at people, LOL for anyone that your not shooting at, your so easy to kill btw, enough said.

Ok as i spoke about nades i might aswell talk about them too, nades in this game can be very good but then can be very poor, try to avoid move left or right when throwing nades as this seems to make them fly in an random direction for me, To throw nades far you have to jump but i would say it makes it go about 10 metres more will jumping (ish) There isnt that much to say about nades, other than i dont think its a good idea to throw all 4 nades at one time, if you see a lot of people try 2 and if you dont get any kills then get a better shot (or get nearer if nessisary) Another way to get loads of nade kills is when you theres say 2-3 people dead infront of you, wait about 5-10 sec and then throw all your remaining nades on them, its almost a garantee your get some kills.

***Jumping***

Now there are a lot of different things that fall into the class of jumping, the first one people allways think about is bunny hopping, Now before i start talking about jumping as a 'tactic' i want to clear up what i class as 'bunny hopping' I would say someone is a bunny hopper when someone is just jumping around all over the place (normally a assault guy) because he has no 'Observation' and doesnt know were he is getting shot by. Someone that comes jumping around a corner ISNT a bunny hopper, Someone that when they are getting shot jumps up once (maybe because you havent seen them straight away) but only jumps 1's ISNT a bunny hopper. Oh and when your reloading infront of someone, either 1: Put your pistel on and hope they arnt very good OR start bunny hopping (but normally as a defencive tactic, i.e your running away)

Now we have that cleared up (kinda) i can talk about jumping without anyone saying 'oh thats bunny hopping'

Jumping in BF2 is an amazingly good way to give yourself that little extra time to see someone who might be far away, its good for throwing nades far, its good because a lot of people just prone and hold down the trigger so when you jump to one side, its now VERY easy to own them (because 1: 90% of people in this game are used to shooting people that are prone 2: When they prone they have say about 10 bullets to shoot at you before they start missing, if you have jumped to one side and then proned they cant hit you for ****. Jump around corners, its a good tactic, they dont expect it, there aim is all off because your jumping and they now have to achually aim at you (And from my experience when the moment a lot of people have to 'aim' they really start to show there true colours.

So summing jumping up, dont jump around the level al the time, but use it to your advantage, because the fastest movement you can do in bf2, is jumping.. If you see someone thats shooting you instead of just trying to go prone and kill him, jump then prone because now hes what i call 'spraying' and if you have a good aim and aim at his head, your kill him ALL the time. (And before anyone says anything, im not saying to jump when you see someone all the time, but sometimes it helps) Also jump on to EVERY ladder, you can cut the time your so open in half by doing that.

***PRONING***
lol, this is a good subject..

Note: Proning a lot in this game will get your kicked from servers that are say like a clan server etc. well while im writing this here i might aswell add that if you join a server and take all of my advice and stop walking around with your blinkers on then you will find a lot of bad losers out there. Me and my bros have been kicked from loads of servers for reasons like : Aimbot, Wallhack, Dolphin DIving, bunny hoppers, unlock noobs (the best one) , oh playing hide and seek, that was a good one. I kept owning this clan on there server and they kept trying to kick me (like 30 kick vote attempts) None sussesfull tho, as they were just clearly mad losers..

one thing that im sure happens to you a lot is people that seem to be able to dolphin dive and 1 shot you all the time (infact there normally AK101 guys, the trick to owning these kids is either go prone very fast and try and kill him quickly (HEADSHOTS) or wait for him to dive, then either jump to one side and prone (and own him) OR if you dont want to jump then do a a/d+prone and kill him quickly but dont rush because you dont have long to kill them.

lol, this is a good subject..

lots of different prones out there, theres the classic 'dolphin dive' which is just them holding w+prone then you got like a/d+prone (character rolls to the ground) I find that if you have good awareness and good reactions it doesnt really matter what prone you do, aslong as you dont prone in there line of fire, because then it makes it sooo easy to kill you.

***Movement***

Ok, after talking about proning which in a way can be a really bad thing to do, The amount of people that im shooting at who are moving (I sometimes havent hit them once because the game has some serious reg issues) Only for them to prone and i kill them instanly. Also the amount of people i see that are just lying prone (like sitting targets) just sitting around waiting for people to come into there blinker vision its silly, what im getting at is dont sit around what i would call 'camping' because your so easy to 1: nade 2: take by suprise because your not looking around you and 3: very easy to kill

In BF2 you should always be moving, always pushing forward to get Better flags etc, Its so frustrating when you push up to take a flag only to find that 15 teammates are just camping back at orginal spawn! REALLY annoying! SO if your abit of a noob and abit scared to stand up and fight someone, JOIN A SQUAD! Infact look at the scores and join the squad of the people that look like the best players (i.e the ones top) Look at there rank (I know rank isnt that important, but a colonel is always gunna be better than say a sergant isnt he?) And follow them around, THERE TOP FOR A REASON!

***SHOOTING***(scope)

One quick thing i wanted to add here is talking about scope, Now scope is good when your shooting people far away, BUT the problem i have with the scope is the fact you cant see your curser, so you cant see how much your gun is missing (you cant see how big your curser is) So when someone is near you, DONT scope go prone and shoot when your curser isnt massive (IE take your time) It doesnt help matters with the good old scope bug aswell.

EDIT: also when your in scope depending on what gun it is you have now have a very poor view of the world around you, so dont sit around in scope because you gunna die.

***AIMING***

As i said earlier i think its really important to not run around LOOKING AT THE FLOOR! ITS NOT THAT INTERESTING YOU KNOW! so always be looking around you, when you see like 2-3 people ALWAYS shoot there person thats shooting at you, instead of thinking woohoo free kills on the guy thats looking the other way. (this doesnt even need a because)

This is a hard one because your aim is down to how fast your reactions are, and how fast you can be saying looking one way and then be aiming at them. People with high sens should have no problem doing this.

Im always looking to headshot people, all the time. So when there running at you, its easy headshots. When sniper are hangin half of a building, Easy headshots, If you learn to be always aiming at there head (head height) then you will find it a lot easier to take people out faster. I find the best place to aim is achually abit higher than i would shoot, because IMO there armor seems to come up to there chin, So aiming in between there shoulders and head will always hit armor. Also when people are running, shoot infront of them because they run into the bullets.

also try not to use your scope too much.. Its not that amazing really. Infact in the fps's i used to play we never had this and im glad. I find it really f's my aim up because its got a lot more 'movement' when using it.

***GENERAL***

OMG I HAVE TO RUN INTO A FLAG WITH LIKE 10 OF MY TEAMMATES TO GET THAT 2 POINTS! This must go through so many peoples heads. Do you realise how many nade kills someone could get (And do everyday) by people doing this? fact is, if your taking a flag with loads of people GET OUT OF THERE!

Now i dont know about everyone when i say this but i play bf2 on low detail and only Terrain on med (view distance 100%) obviously. Now but doing this i find it a lot easier to see people. Reason being is i dont have any shadows (well hardly) so all these people that have high settings and your sitting in a dark corner, well its not for everyone. I also find this good because i find BF2 isnt the most smooth game in the world! and plus i really really really really hate graphics lag, because its impossible to aim when its gerking left right and centre. Now i realise that a lot of people have good pcs and this doesnt happen, but i would still play low/med for the advantage of being able to see people a lot more clearly. Also in your control panel for your graphics card you can make profiles for any .exe , so if you want you can make the game brighter that way, Im sure thats not againest the rules aswell.

Also i play at 1024x768 on a 17" tft (The native res is 1280x1024 but i find everything looks really small when i play with that, and it suffers from system lag like a couple of times around (which isnt good enough, all it takes is for me to die due to system lag and im instantly lowering settings)

Sound: Now this is interesting, because in a game like CS you need to have a good high volume to hear footsteps etc, but when i play BF2 i turn the volume almost so its off, Now i think this helps in a lot of ways. One of the main this is (And i read in the 'what games scare you thread') Is people saying that when someone comes around the corner it makes them jump.. Well thats cool if your playing like doom3 on single player, but this isnt the time or the place to be jumping and prolly letting go of your mouse! For the people out there that have played FPS's while listening to music (good old InHuman@Mp3) ever find that it makes the game a lot easier? Now im normally quite observent, but when you play with music on you obviously cant hear, so now you have to only rely on your vision. SO your obviously going to be more aware. Same rule with low volume.. Have it so you can hear whats going on, but not loud enough to make you jump, or for you to be annoyed by the constant 'FIRST AID HERE' ETC.. also go to your sound options and tick the english only thing, those arabs get annoying after awhile!

I was talking about your curser ealier, now i have a really bright pink one, I picked this colour because it only ever disapears when you look at plain white (normally the sky etc) So not matter what i can always see were im aiming. SO bright colours! think of a colour thats NOT in the game i.e PINK,RED,BLUE etc

When you spawn always be ready to move, some people spawn and stand there for like 4-5 sec before moving, btw your dead within 2 :p

Now im talking about spawning i just wanna add that, If im taking a flag and you spawn i dont care who you are, im gunna shoot you as fast as i can. Becuase why the hell should i stand there LETTING you see me and LET you shoot me just because im were you spawn 'buhu imo' Also if you know people are gunna spawn somewere and you have to walk past there to get to the flag etc, then why run past it for you to be shot in the back by the guy thats just spawned behind you? Im not saying stand in there flag for like minutes, but 10 secs is not spawn camping, its called tactics.. In rtcw/et it was done on a 30 sec timer, so you used to find out there spawn time and then rage them at spawn (now you have 30 secs to do an obj) you get me!! :)

Use crouch to get up from prone, its faster and doesnt jerk up (its smooter)

***GOOD POSITIONS***

A couple of positions that i think are really good are as follows:

Strike: At square flag taking it on the road side with your back to the wall (with med packs down) you can take the flag and kill all the people that spawn on road (3 spawn points there)

Jalalalalabad: At junkyard you can take the flag in the building that goes up towards hotel, stand in the corner and you will take the flag. Be beware iv seen people doing this and its an easy nade kill :)

Karkand: I always want to get a flag thats higher, as you all know shooting down is better than up. So i always want to get Suburb, If they have Market dont go down on the road ffs, go down the road and stay up high, on the corner between market and train accident. I also almost always go east side and cut in abit higher up, I seriously dont understand everyones fasination with running straight down the middle (nade whore territory) How about you go West/East and you will find that there are a lot of people that are just looking down the road and are easy kills because there expecting everyone to come straight at them (They normally are)

LAST ONE!

JALALALALALALALALALALALABAD: MOST ANNOYING THING IN THE WORLD BTW! When your playing Infantry Only, you dont have the tank to come back you up! so now when your US you HAVE to push on them fast! DONT stand around behind those rocks infront of outpost DONT go left and then just camp by the water! please please please dont all just go sniper and have the most boring round of any fps in history, Im not saying that you dont need snipers you do, But i think its more important to get a good group of Meds/Support and have the snipers taking out, u guessed it the other snipers! You have to move forward, dont stand around because your going to lose the round soooo fast! If we dont get a spawn theres something called ticket bleeding.. So when you see your team pushing forward FOLLOW THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres is more i could write but ill prolly add to this later.

Also if anyone wants to play with me my ingame nick is: InHuman344 my bros are ajwfc and Link1557 (come join are squad and i garantee you will get a better scores)

oh and sorry for all the spelling mistakes, im dyslexic (stupid word which was sooo obviously made by someone that isnt)

Thanks

Jacob

Last edited:
Soldato
Jalalabad as US: Take Mosque as quickly as possible = win.

Tanks: So many people are really bad at driving tanks/ APC. When in a tank/APC, don't stop moving. Find out where the majority of the enemy are on the map and drive around them, not through them, picking them off. If you stop to shoot, chances are you'll be blown up quite quickly. Drive around, take your damage, drive out of the battle zone and get repaired. If you're an engineer drive to a random spot no one ever uses and repair.

Don't think that you have to drive towards enemy tanks. You're a sitting duck when you do. The amount of times you see someone in armour drive head first towards enemy armour guns blazing is silly. It massively cuts your chances of beating the other guy. If need be RUN away and shoot at them as they follow: You have more control as you can still shoot at the enemy tank as you run and you decide where the battle takes you. I find this tactic work so incredibly well: you can run round a corner and try to loop back on them or just go really random routes and confuse/ ruin the enemies line of sight. Also, again if you're an engineer it's so easy to get a bit of distance jump out and repair your tank for 2- 3 seconds, jump back in fire off a few more shots.

Another thing people always seem to do in armour is keep the wheels facing forwards as you shoot. In some places this is necessary due to restrictions in the width of the road. In others you have lots of space to play with. Jalalabad is a good example again. You see tanks perched on top of the desert areas facing forwards all the time. This is plain silly. If you must sit on the ridge trying to take out as much infantry as possible, face sideways (I.E., if the enemy is to the north, your wheels are facing east/west). This makes it infinitely easier to avoid RPG fire. It's easier to out turn a rocket than it is to outrun it.

Land mines: In a tank it's slightly opposite to the OP's recommendation of head height. Always keep one eye checking the floor. It's very easy to spot most enemy mines. If you don't and you're always moving (as you should be in armour), then mines are what you will die to most.

Aiming: Obvious one here, but the tank shells arc the further you fire them. Aim slightly above other targets in the distance. On enemy armour aim for their TURRETS. It's a nice weak spot.

Planes: You usually get a few seconds where you can hear a plane coming in to bomb. If you're sat still in your armour, then just hope you survive. If you're moving, then hit a hard left or right when you hear the plane coming in.

Tank Gunners: This position is fairly useless I find. The guns are completely inaccurate when in a moving tank and stopping to let your gunner get some action usually leads to the gunner being quickly killed and worse, someone blowing your tank up. If you really feel that you must stop for your gunner to mow people down (there are a few times when this happens), then when you hear bullets bouncing of your armour, move again. You'll stand more chance of your gunner and yourself actually surviving. Also your gunner will like you more (I hate being sat as a gunner under heavy fire and whoever is driving the tank sits there making me the worlds easiest target).

If you have stopped somewhere in your tank, say to capture a flag, then press F11 to change the view: This will zoom the camera out quite far looking onto the tank. Invaluable for spotting those pesky little special forces guys trying to plant explosives. I also usually tap backwards and forwards so the tank is moving ever so slightly: This makes a quick get away ever so slightly quicker (it may only give you a second extra to get away, but that could be the difference between an explosive round/ c4 hitting your tank and not).

Don't let your gun over heat. It's all too easy in armour to get carried away. Stop firing for a second or so evey so often and you will have an almost limitless gun that's damn accurate.

If I get a tank as an engineer, using these tactics above I usually die around 1 - 2 times (and on many occasions not at all) and can rack up a ridiculous amount of kills very quickly.

Maps like Karkand and Jalalabad are the best maps to get hold of armour too: No planes/ helicopters to worry about, lots of easy picking infantry on foot and usually, the enemy armour drivers are next to useless.

Zatar is also quite fun: Everyone expects you to drive straight towards the flag from the roads. Don't: Always attack from odd angles and odd routes that people don't usually come from. Not many people think to check those blind spots.

The main gist of driving armour is don't stop moving. I hope someone got some tips out of this post and how to minimise your chances of dying if you really must stand still in armour.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
gwfc said:
nice guide :)

Thanks, btw if anyone wants to know more add me to msn and ill try and help you out.

One of the things i was gunna do was write up altittle map guide, only karkand and jalalalalbad as i think there quite easier the best maps.

There is also a couple of things i forgot to add and they are:

When you have your back to a wall dont prone into it, because now you cant be revived (your inside the wall) try this at that square possision because theres nothing worst than dieing and you cant be rev!

Also when you can see people proning and you cansee there legs etc coming through the wall, you can shoot them and it hurts, quite obvious really.

when reviving people on a hill (uneven surface) or on stairs always prone because it doesnt wrk standing up, this is the only time i can think of were standing to revive isnt as effective as prone.

I hope my guide is helpfull to some of you, Its hard writing how to play a game, just rememeber bf2 is achually a really easy game! stop making it look hard..

peace out

Jacob

Associate
Good guide :)
I only been playing BF2 for 5days. My main problem with it is finding a server where people play as a team, and in squads. Also knowing where the best place to spawn is, but that will change when i get use to the maps and how they work.
Is it worth geting a mic for this game?

Associate
OP
R3323 said:
Good guide :)
I only been playing BF2 for 5days. My main problem with it is finding a server where people play as a team, and in squads. Also knowing where the best place to spawn is, but that will change when i get use to the maps and how they work.
Is it worth geting a mic for this game?

yeah thats a big problem in bf2, one thing you can do is when you make a squad you go to manager squad, then you get a list of all the people in your team, you can then tick there names and then click apply, this will send out a requested to join there squad.

knowing were to spawn isnt really that hard, make sure you hit enter when you die so you can see if your team has taken some flags so you dont spawn back at default when your team is attacking mosque/train accident etc, because then you either kill yourself or have to run for the next 5 mins :p

try and pick a spawn point thats higher if possible, if you know were there coming from and there all in your spawn, its not normally a good idea to spawn there (your prolly gunna get spawn camped) so try and spawn as close as you can and run to that flag to defend it, throw nades from a far and then get in a good possition so u can see them say runing out of the flag, so dont stand right infront of them stand to the side or go around the back.

When you first start playing this game the biggest problem you have is the fact you dont really know whats going on in the round, you dont know what stage your at basically. but once you realise that they come from the same place all the time, it makes it a lot easier. for a new players, even if you dont have a good aim aslong as your looking around a lot and help your team by just hitting them a couple of times thats very helpfull.

EDIT: Or you should just go medic and keep your team alive, you know i just thought of something im going to test out when i go home is seeing how far you can run within 15 seconds, stand on a long road and time yourself, this will give you a good idea if you will be able to make it before you start running there only for them to time out..

Last edited:
Associate
OP
an IT Technician in a high school, atm im sitting in one of the back rooms updating 5 laptops with windows update etc, very time consuming (in a good way tho) :D

Caporegime
Jacob334 said:
an IT Technician in a high school, atm im sitting in one of the back rooms updating 5 laptops with windows update etc, very time consuming (in a good way tho) :D

I USED to be a Technician, but now an IT administrator for a big insurance company in London :D paper work F.T.W!!!!

its good because I don't deal with...customers anymore :D

Soldato
T90 vs Abrams

Which is better?

I find the T90 stronger when driving around. Abrams gets more damaged when driving over rough terrain.

If you have a "sensitivity adjuster" on your mouse, move it to "max" so you can move your turrent with the slightest mouse move.

Also, when you're approaching the enemy tank and he's higher than you, (e.g. mashtuur approaching US over south bridge, Abrams is at the higher ground) i find aiming at the bottom of the tank (in between the tracks) you can damage the tank more easily.

Soldato
One of the most important things I found with BF2 is to use your unlocks wisely if your not gonna game it 24/7, I just want the sniper rifle already, and ive had the chance to take it afew times, damn.. :(

Associate
My rule number 1:

If a person is next to you're tank and you can't get him. DONT GET OUT! (unless he has C4 or mines.)

You won't believe how many times I have just crouched next to a tank and hold E. Driver gets out to shoot me, I get in and shoot him :p

Soldato
Another tank tip I forgot:

If your tank is low on health, don't get out and dump it as it makes a lovely present for the enemy forces to come nick and repair, thus meaning one more tank for them and your side is then a tank down.

If you're going to leave it... destroy it (c4, mine the front and back, suicide it, etc).

If you're on a server with myself and on the other team: dump the tank whenever you like :)

I do this for a lot of other vehichles as well. The second you leave a vehichle it shows up on the map. It can be a dead give away as to your position if a grey vehichle icon pops up where it doesn't usually spawn.

Associate
OP
Hellsmk2 said:
Another tank tip I forgot:

If your tank is low on health, don't get out and dump it as it makes a lovely present for the enemy forces to come nick and repair, thus meaning one more tank for them and your side is then a tank down.

If you're going to leave it... destroy it (c4, mine the front and back, suicide it, etc).

If you're on a server with myself and on the other team: dump the tank whenever you like :)

I do this for a lot of other vehichles as well. The second you leave a vehichle it shows up on the map. It can be a dead give away as to your position if a grey vehichle icon pops up where it doesn't usually spawn.

Yeah thats some good tank info, thats well true about not leaving the tank, its better to die than for them to have all the tanks on the level..

yeah all vehicles and anti aircraft are on the map all the time, so if your getting owned by an anti air/ground then you can see where he is and try and go around him.

Soldato
If using the ingame server list :-
once it has finished loading click the ping button leaving lowest at the top. Then click the server list & each map will then show the lowest pings first :D

Associate
OP
deleted said:
One of the most important things I found with BF2 is to use your unlocks wisely if your not gonna game it 24/7, I just want the sniper rifle already, and ive had the chance to take it afew times, damn.. :(

All you have to do is get one of your mates to play in SF for like 1 round and you will get all the unlocks.

Associate
OP
stevechapman said:
Il read this thread when I am not as tired :)
I have only had BF2 two weeks and I think it is a great game. This should help me improve :)

its good fun but i would take regular breaks otherwise you will break something! lol, my bro slams his hands down on the desk and i felt like punching my monitor last night..

Back
Top Bottom