My dog has a slight limp which she can walk off

Soldato
Hello all

Our border collie is 5 years old and loves running like a mad thing chasing a ball, however recently she has developed a slight limp that is most pronounced after a sleep following exercise.
I’m loathed to take her to the vet as they seem a bit like dentists in their finance model to me.

I’m thinking I’m going to have to make sure she goes extremely easy on it for a few days and see how it goes.

When she actually does a bit of running she seems to forget all about it and the limp completely disappears.

Has anyone had any experience of this type of thing?

Thanks

Odd in a 5 year old, but our 10 year old has been like this few a years, always seems to be a bit stiff after a post exercise nap but then springs into life if there is a ball, squeak or food on offer.

Other thing it could be is excessive wear on her pads or a foreign object in the foot, but I reckon you'll have probably already checked that.

My dog had a limp a few months ago after a walk. It didn't go away after a few days, so my wife was quite worried and wanted to take her to the vet.

However I noticed via the garden ring cameras that as soon as we weren't looking at her, she had a sudden and miraculous recovery.

Took a couple of weeks of us ignoring it before she gave up on that little trick.

I did give her a thorough check over incase she had anything in her paws or any actual injury - but there wasn't anything there. She must have pulled it a bit during some strenuous running, then enjoyed the extra attention it got her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom