• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My [email protected] safe at 68c in Othos ?

Man of Honour
Could be a dodgy motherboard sensor? I know old athlon boards were dire for this, you basically couldn't trust anything apart from a probe.

The only thing I can think of is if you've got it on silly volts or it's concave.

Zefan said:
Could be a dodgy motherboard sensor? I know old athlon boards were dire for this, you basically couldn't trust anything apart from a probe.

The only thing I can think of is if you've got it on silly volts or it's concave.

It's at stock volts, the cpu fan is this http://www.silentpcreview.com/article636-page1.html (Scythe Mine), I've just ran RightMark CPU Clock Utility and neither core seems to be throttling, it's 28.2c (82.8f) in my room so perhaps that's contributing a bit, Think I may wack this one on MM and get am E6320.

Associate
That temp is fine, especially as it's a load temp.

85c on the E6300 is the temp you have to worry about.

Ok, so you may not have the coolest running C2D on here, but so what? It's well within it's tolerance.

WJA96 said:
That's fine. It won't start to throttle until you hit 75-80C and it will shut down to protect itself at about 85C.

thankyou

Tooks said:
That temp is fine, especially as it's a load temp.

85c on the E6300 is the temp you have to worry about.

Ok, so you may not have the coolest running C2D on here, but so what? It's well within it's tolerance.

and thankyou,

feel a bit more relaxed now, cheers.

Associate
when you say stock volts do you mean you set it to 1.35 volts or what ever stock is. or is on auto?

as i was messing around the other day and left mine on auto volts and it bumped the volts upto 1.55 volts when it was only running at 2.8ghz and i saw some massive temp rises untill i changed it back down.

Soldato
This happened to me the other day.

All I needed to do was reseat the heat sink in another direction (i.e. so that air is going towards the biggest fan in my case (antec 900))

And re-apply thermal paste.

As soon as I did that, my load temps dropped from 70 down to 55 :)

and this is on a 6600 at 3.4

Back
Top Bottom