My first Build

Associate
Hello all,

After many years of pedestrian PC use, ive decided to break out the toolkit and build my very own high spec PC. I know enough about PCs to get by, but want to do this to basically teach myself to overclock effectively, play RPGs for days on end at max res while pretending to not hear the missus, video editing and general tinkering amongst other things.

Hoping you guys can give me a bit of advice though as im not sure which way to go in regards to decent cases. My basket currently holds:

CPU: i5 2500k
Mobo: Asus P8Z68 - V PRO/GEN3 (Rev B3)
RAM: Samsung Green 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: HD 7950 (not sure which one yet).
Power Supply: 650W OCZ ZS Series 80plus
CPU cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Quiet
SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 V2 120GB 2.5"
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3.5" 500GB
Pioneer Bluray R/RW
Monitor: ? (any suggestions? 22" max. + has anyone bought BenQ? Never heard of them but they are quite well priced for what your getting)

Case:?

Im kinda at my max budget, so was thinking to spend no more than £100 on the case. However theres so many out there, im really not sure which way to go. I defo want room to improve in the future i.e. more GPUs/more storage etc. but want to make sure that there is more than enough room for effective cooling.

Any input on the case or suggestions on the above build would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom